Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve never tried turning them off so not sure. Imo, the auto heated seats are so conservative I don’t even notice them. I never actually feel them getting hot, they more or less just keep the chill out of the seats and work remarkably well.
My experience with My Model Y has been the same. I like the auto seat heaters very much. They seem to warm the seats just the right amount and then go away. I never even notice them and the seat always feels great. If only the auto wipers could work as well... ;)

If you set heated seats to off while leaving the climate control on auto, do those settings not save? You have to cycle through to turn it off every time you enter the car?

I’ve never tried turning them off so not sure. Imo, the auto heated seats are so conservative I don’t even notice them. I never actually feel them getting hot, they more or less just keep the chill out of the seats and work remarkably well. Model S could be a different setup though, not familiar with it.
When you select auto climate, even seat heaters auto mode turns on. But I don’t need seat heaters on and so I manually have to click 3x? (3 bacons, 2 bacons, 1 bacon, zero) to turn off auto seat heater. I often switch air circulation mode or adjust fan speed and so auto climate switches to manual mode. Next time when you turn on auto climate guess what auto seat heater turns on and the vicious circle begins 😡

Why attach the auto climate with auto seat heater? 🤷‍♂️

I do that through the YouTube app. I don’t remember the exact sequence, but it’s something like going to the help info within YouTube, which is full screen, and somehow somewhere along the way, I got a URL entry box at the top, then boom. I don’t know how good the browser embedded in YouTube is, but it worked full screen. I can try again and post a video tomorrow if you don’t find it.
Yes I am aware of that hack but why not just simply give an option for full screen browser when parked.
It’s not like I have to keep an eye on every single electron that goes inside the battery when charging, so why keep giant car cartoon when charging 🤷‍♂️

When you select auto climate, even seat heaters auto mode turns on. But I don’t need seat heaters on and so I manually have to click 3x? (3 bacons, 2 bacons, 1 bacon, zero) to turn off auto seat heater. I often switch air circulation mode or adjust fan speed and so auto climate switches to manual mode. Next time when you turn on auto climate guess what auto seat heater turns on and the vicious circle begins 😡

Why attach the auto climate with auto seat heater? 🤷‍♂️

I see. I just leave mine in auto and never adjust fan speed so I wouldn’t have noticed this.

I would argue that auto seat heaters being part of the auto setting makes some sense, as they're part over the overall climate, and I think most would prefer it rather than having individual settings for everything. That’s the point of an auto mode…set it and forget it, I love it.
However, I agree having an individual auto setting for both the seats and cabin temperature would be best for personal choice…assuming the auto seats stayed in auto forever and you didn’t have to re-engage each time. Maybe a software update will eventually address it.

I have distilled my UI/UX requests down to two items that are fairly easy to implement. I hope that Tesla could consider these suggestions for the 2022 Holiday Update.

1. Bring back the map zoom in/out buttons. When the user touches the map, these buttons should appear. I cannot fathom why it made sense to the software devs to remove this functionality.

2. Make the size of the car visualization side bar user adjustable. IMHO, it takes up too much space and I’d like to have the map use more of my screen real estate.

2. Make the size of the car visualization side bar user adjustable. IMHO, it takes up too much space and I’d like to have the map use more of my screen real estate.
Since Netflix, Youtube... can now use full screen or the map display window area,
why not having the map or the Web browser be able to use the full screen when parked?

Last edited:
Reactions: iamnid
1. Hide car visualization.
2. Full screen browser when parked. I don’t need to see the giant car cartoon while charging or parked.
3. Dual apps like v8.
4. Remove auto seat heater - I know my ass more than tesla. Let me decide if I want to warm it or not.
4. Has existed since forever, and I already read your follow up, and still wrong, you can add the icon for the seats heaters to the bottom, so you don't have to go into climate.

• Disagree
Reactions: bay74 and am_dmd
4. Has existed since forever, and I already read your follow up, and still wrong, you can add the icon for the seats heaters to the bottom, so you don't have to go into climate.
You are wrong as you didn’t understand the complaint. I am not talking about auto seat icon but the merging of auto seat with auto climate. Read my response in above comments.

I think so far that's the most realistic list I've seem. All things we "know" are in the works, but with no actual timeline. Bluetooth controller support should have been done a long time ago when they went to power only in the console.

One thing about remote boombox would be great if, essentially, it could be done as a bluetooth speaker, not needing to have the car / hvac in function like currently.

Reactions: OxBrew and Driver08
Is there always a holiday update? Last year was my first. I loved the v11 update but there did seem to be a lot of people passionately opposed to it. I once received 50 dislikes from the same person for saying I liked it. Does this happed every Christmas?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and OxBrew
Is there always a holiday update? Last year was my first. I loved the v11 update but there did seem to be a lot of people passionately opposed to it. I once received 50 dislikes from the same person for saying I liked it. Does this happed every Christmas?
Just speaking for Model 3 since I have owned it (summer of 2018), the 2018 and 2019 Holiday updates were just feature adds and were generally well received. 2020 was the V9->V10 transition and the reception was mixed since it did implement some visual changes that were not universal popular (reduced map size, a few other things). Then we have the 2021 Holiday update that introduced V11. Massive dumpster fire that they have event still not fully fixed :) Huge loss of basic functionality initially, still some missing functionality after almost a year. Very unpopular on all forums, reddit, etc. Yes, a few people seemed to like it, but I (and many) still hate it. I am hoping for a good Holiday Update this year, but based on past experience am not expecting it.

Last edited:

Do not sweat the dislikes - some people just walk around with a pissed-in oatmeal chip. Usually they are because they cannot stand someone being happy or they do not have a sense of humor.

Speaking of receiving dislikes - I think V11 was (as is) great. I like it too. Looking forward to what Santa brings this year.

I think it would be great if the next major revamp allowed for multiple desktops so we could put anything anywhere we like on the custom screen, but still have the option to revert to the “standard” screen when necessary. I guess each driver profile could have it’s own screen too. I guess some features would be required to be present in a fixed location for safety such as speed.