Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Closer following gaps don't make you go faster. You're still limited by the speed of the car in front of you, just dangerously close to them, instead of a safe distance back. Also, bigger gaps give you more options, in emergencies and general navigating slower/faster lanes.

I'm with you on that. I don't mind anyone moving into the gap in front of me. Some drivers take it as an insult; as if the road in front of them is their private property. Leaving a large gap provides distance and distance gives time to react to a dangerous situation.

Reactions: jiehan and OxBrew
I'm with you on that. I don't mind anyone moving into the gap in front of me. Some drivers take it as an insult; as if the road in front of them is their private property. Leaving a large gap provides distance and distance gives time to react to a dangerous situation.
I don’t think you appreciate how aggressive some folks are about getting into that gap between you and the next car on the left lane.

Go drive it some time.

I don’t think you appreciate how aggressive some folks are about getting into that gap between you and the next car on the left lane.

I see plenty of aggressive drivers. I prefer to not use my M3 as a lane barricade i leave them plenty of room so they can disappear into the distance.

Go drive it some time.

If you hold the right stalk down one depress after you see the speed limit change on the screen (or while passing the speed limit sign on the road) it will reduce vehicle speed to the speed limit+offset. You're still pressing down the stalk, so not fully automatic, but close.
You need to hold the stalk down for a second in my experience rather than a quick depress, but this little tip is solid gold.

All apple CarPlay is, is #1 navigation apps like waze, and music playing apps that use the standard apple music player UI for everything. App developers don't really have much flexibility in making carplay apps. Everything has to either be a navigation app or an app that worth via music player UI.

I always figured I would never buy another car without carplay but after having carplay in a Kia Soul for 6 years its over rated. Nice that the maps and everything come off your phone so , plug and play between cars and everything is the same between cars but when you think about it.

If Waze were to be an added app in the holiday update it would be game over as that's mainly what people want carplay for.
I completely agree all CarPlay is really good for is Waze and apple
Music, the rest is worthless,

• Disagree
Reactions: heavyD and DBV1
I completely agree all CarPlay is really good for is Waze and apple
Music, the rest is worthless,
Disagree here. Messaging/phone integration is way better, voice control is better, podcasts apps are better, etc. It all comes down to what apps and integrations you use the most. For me CarPlay would be a huge step up over native capabilities.

Disagree here. Messaging/phone integration is way better, voice control is better, podcasts apps are better, etc. It all comes down to what apps and integrations you use the most. For me CarPlay would be a huge step up over native capabilities.
Totally agree with you. I will not buy a car next time without CarPlay. Was tentative buying a Tesla this time, since it did not come with it. One reason why I am considering a Lucid Air. Telsa’s media UI is really poor. Hopefully it improves with this Holiday update. I also use Waze all the time and it works really well in CarPlay.

I wish I knew about the myQ support earlier as I wouldn't have spent $400 on the Homelink. Oh well. Super excited for Apple Music. Please god make sure it has the ability to shuffle playlists. No shuffle in Tidal is the worst.
Elon said 2 years ago internet garage door support was coming soon..... I've been holding out ever since 🤣

And yes. Even though I pay $0.86/m for Tidal I will gladly switch to something with shuffle lol.

I wish I knew about the myQ support earlier as I wouldn't have spent $400 on the Homelink. Oh well.
In your defense, the Homelink solution is technically better though, right?

I've read generally good reviews for myQ overall, but the negative comments are that the myQ servers don't seem to be 100% reliable, so there are times when it just... doesn't work. Homelink, being a local RF connection, doesn't need any servers or internet connectivity to function.

Is it me, or has Elon been much more vocal in previous years about the end of year update? I feel like we’re all going to be very let down this year. Has there been anything official from anyone about there even being a big update coming? Or maybe it will just be FSD related and a bust for everyone else. I guess we’ll know soon.

As for what I would want:

1) Fix Spotify, for the love of god!
2) Add Garmin-like “find along my route” searching capability in the navigation. This finds a coffee shop along your route, as opposed to one that is technically closer, but completely out of the way, and far off the highway. Best nav feature that no one has but garmin.
3) as part of “cold weather improvements”, increase the number of seat heat settings to 5. I always feel like 2 isn’t enough, but 3 is too hot. How hard would that be??

I’m not asking for much here!