Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it me, or has Elon been much more vocal in previous years about the end of year update? I feel like we’re all going to be very let down this year. Has there been anything official from anyone about there even being a big update coming? Or maybe it will just be FSD related and a bust for everyone else. I guess we’ll know soon.

As for what I would want:

1) Fix Spotify, for the love of god!
2) Add Garmin-like “find along my route” searching capability in the navigation. This finds a coffee shop along your route, as opposed to one that is technically closer, but completely out of the way, and far off the highway. Best nav feature that no one has but garmin.
3) as part of “cold weather improvements”, increase the number of seat heat settings to 5. I always feel like 2 isn’t enough, but 3 is too hot. How hard would that be??

I’m not asking for much here!
To be fair, he also hasn't been obsessed with overhauling a newly purchased social media network in previous years either. ;)

In your defense, the Homelink solution is technically better though, right?

I've read generally good reviews for myQ overall, but the negative comments are that the myQ servers don't seem to be 100% reliable, so there are times when it just... doesn't work. Homelink, being a local RF connection, doesn't need any servers or internet connectivity to function.
I have a Homekit setup so myQ with Carplay was seamless and easy with my BMW and my wife's Genesis. Works every time and I could open and close the door from much further away than RF. I can't comment on how reliable myQ is outside of Homekit or how it will work via Tesla's implementation. I imagine it will work fine though given myQ has been solid for me in conjunction with Homekit and Carplay.

3) as part of “cold weather improvements”, increase the number of seat heat settings to 5. I always feel like 2 isn’t enough, but 3 is too hot. How hard would that be??
I don't know, ask my son's 2003 VW Jetta (TDI) with 5 clicks. It's great. Fully support.

And please make the icons bigger, I'm always double tapping, the car is so freaking bouncy all winter on the snow/packed ice covered roads.

Reactions: Transformer
I'm sure it's technically possible, but then it would take seven taps to cycle through the settings, which is really pushing it from a "using while driving without looking away from the road too long" UI perspective.

Not really - since we don’t have AM radio, iHeart radio and other apps are available on CarPlay that Tesla does not have.
Other CarPlay benefits aside, I was concerned about the lack of AM radio until I discovered that I could get all my local AM stations via the built-in TuneIn Radio app with significantly better audio quality than OTA AM radio.

I'm sure it's technically possible, but then it would take seven taps to cycle through the settings, which is really pushing it from a "using while driving without looking away from the road too long" UI perspective.
That's actually a really good point. With the new "auto" setting I already feel like it's a pain, especially since it's often hard to distinguish the number of slices of bacon. Speaking of the auto feature...I find it 100% useless. Anyone else?

Other CarPlay benefits aside, I was concerned about the lack of AM radio until I discovered that I could get all my local AM stations via the built-in TuneIn Radio app with significantly better audio quality than OTA AM radio.
Definitely agree. TuneIn for Tesla does not have iHeart stations though, which is weird, as regular TuneIn App does. Also, another drawback is that local sports are usually blocked on TuneIn, deadening on the sport. But, then SiriusXM usually gets most of those.

That's actually a really good point. With the new "auto" setting I already feel like it's a pain, especially since it's often hard to distinguish the number of slices of bacon. Speaking of the auto feature...I find it 100% useless. Anyone else?
I tried the auto heated seats setting when it was initially added and basically never took it off auto since. Totally works for me.

Auto is 100% useless to me. I leave it on high almost all winter, drop to 2 on longer trips. Even in summer I start on high and back off to 2 or 1. Need it to keep my back from seizing up.

Auto shuts down so soon, I never feel it. I think some people just like to take the chill off the seat itself, don't need to feel the heat all the time. I like to keep the air cooler, but the seat warm. Just like I like to drive down the coast on a foggy cold day with the targa top off the coupe, but have the heat blasting on high and wearing a down puffy jacket. Thermal gradients let me know I'm alive, not being coddled in a perfect 20C cocoon.

ANYWAY, yeah, the 5-7 taps would be horrid to cycle through. They should change it to a pop up rainbow of pie slices, each slice 2-3 x as wide as a finger, just press and swipe to pick the one you want.

Definitely agree. TuneIn for Tesla does not have iHeart stations though, which is weird, as regular TuneIn App does. Also, another drawback is that local sports are usually blocked on TuneIn, deadening on the sport. But, then SiriusXM usually gets most of those.
FWIW, I get WTAM which I believe is an iHeart station. I think pro sports broadcasts are limited on most streaming platforms. That's good to know that SiriusXM is authorized. The Browns' game was blocked on WKNR when I tried to listen to it, so I had to use Bluetooth to stream it from the Browns app on my phone.

Last edited:
FWIW, I get WTAM which I believe is an iHeart station. I think pro sports broadcasts are limited on most streaming platforms. That's good to know that SiriusXM is authorized. The Browns' game was blocked on WKNR when I tried to listen to it, so I had to use Bluetooth to stream it from the Browns app on my phone.
Interesting. How did you get WTAM? When I do a search it brings up podcasts for WTAM. Yeah - SiriusXM is great for sports. Definitely has Browns/Guardians/OSU and I think even Cavs. Wish stations would stop blocking sports on the apps. Thanks for the help!

Interesting. How did you get WTAM? When I do a search it brings up podcasts for WTAM. Yeah - SiriusXM is great for sports. Definitely has Browns/Guardians/OSU and I think even Cavs. Wish stations would stop blocking sports on the apps. Thanks for the help!
Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure I had to search for it in the mobile app (it probably works on the desktop app too) and make it a Favorite, so it wasn't as simple as finding it on the Tesla screen. Since the Favorites sync across devices when you're logged in, it shows up on my MYLR under Favorites. Sometimes a software update or reboot logs me out, so I have to log back in to see Favorites.

If you hold the right stalk down one depress after you see the speed limit change on the screen (or while passing the speed limit sign on the road) it will reduce vehicle speed to the speed limit+offset. You're still pressing down the stalk, so not fully automatic, but close.
Yeah, I do that all the time. I want fully automatic and am puzzled as to why it's not.