Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I read complains about holiday update this image comes to mind :rolleyes:
1670866764965.png

Attachments

• 1670866338270.png
    1670866338270.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Haha, tough crowd when it comes to these software updates!

For what it's worth, I've been very pleased with the new functionalities added so far this year. The rumored holiday updates look pretty good to me so far, and has one feature I've been wanting very much, which is to be able to see inside the cabin while using Dog Mode. After this, the only thing I could really think of that I actively want is to have shuffle function in the Tidal app. Maybe if Apple Music has shuffle and has comparable sound quality, I'd just switch.

Yeah same as above. I am quite happy with V11 and think it has improved considerably since the first release. I took delivery of the car with V11 and only test drove on V10, so I was not as used to it. It is much more flexible depending on what you want where on the UI. I get it though: old habits die hard.

I am looking forward to the changes brought forward with this year's update, particularly Apple Music and the slight changes to the UI for navigation and music.

A sophisticated system like the Tesla HVAC is able to vary much more than just the fan speed to achieve the temperature set point. What it actually does, I have no idea, but certainly it can change the temperature of the air coming out of the vents...

It can also...
In addition to the spot-on things you mentioned, the "automatic" system as a whole could do some clever things to balance the constraints.

For example, if user wants the temp warmer, but the fan speed low, and the system was at its limits for heating, the auto seat heater could hold on to higher power levels longer to make it feel warmer inside until the cabin warmed up.

Likewise, if the user wanted the car cooler, but the fan speed low, and the driver was the only occupant, the passenger vents (which are normally disabled if no passenger is detected) or even the rear vents could be switched back on. The driver gets what they want (the cabin air cooled down), without what they didn't want (high airflow in their vicinity or noise in the cabin).

• Informative
Reactions: evannole and rjpjnk
I thought I wanted this too, but isn't fan speed the main thing that allowed auto to be... auto?
Our car said "Auto Defogging" the other day.

I have no idea what combination of factors causes that mode to be active, but the end result is a combination of temperatures, output vents, fan speed, and duration that was done for us automatically. So "auto" definitely encompasses more than just modulating the fan speed.

Holiday update friendly wager: I'll bet (IDK, a nickel? A free car wash (for one person!!)) that the Holiday Update will ship more confirmed issues/bugs* that Tesla needs to subsequently update, than individual improvements.**

*Confirmed by Tesla (eventually).
**Documented in release notes.

I hope I'm wrong, really.
Tesla's 🔵 "Verified" blue dot will refer to software validation.

Maybe some early vehicles are getting this year's holiday update for initial testing? Although there's about 70 pending, so not as limited as previous early access. The previous 2 years .25. versions were the initial holiday update: 2021.44.25.2 and 2020.48.25.

TeslaFi shows about 5% of its fleet pending this version…

I think 2021 Owners of Refresh S/X will not be happy as I am not.. That they decided not to give us an option for Ram upgrade to make steam work..

Would like to get thoughts of 2021 Refresh owners..

I think 2021 Owners of Refresh S/X will not be happy as I am not.. That they decided not to give us an option for Ram upgrade to make steam work..

Would like to get thoughts of 2021 Refresh owners..

I feel they could roll that out in the future to more people. Ryzen-equipped models could run some (not complex titles like cyberpunk) titles locally. We've already seen some 2D and limited 3D titles run on these. Hoping it expands its release in the future.