Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 5B2B570A-04F1-4714-972D-462E6AA1C47C.jpeg
    5B2B570A-04F1-4714-972D-462E6AA1C47C.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 132
What was delivered was basically the top request from Tesla owners outside of Carply/AA. It's not going to make everyone happy, but Apple Music, Track mode in the Y, auto turn signals 3/Y, Steam, trip cards, and MYQ were all top request delivered in a single update...with additional things.

Different updates for different cars, so unless you drive an S it's not much. Would like a better UI overall with quality of life improvements on autopilot, autowipers etc.

Different updates for different cars, so unless you drive an S it's not much. Would like a better UI overall with quality of life improvements on autopilot, autowipers etc.
Trip Cards, Auto Turn SIgnals, Track mode were not for the S/X...MYQ, Apple Music, Dog mode, MYQ are for everyone.

The autopilot improvements will come with v11, but it's obviously missed it's 100th window.

I think most would agree with autowipers. Seems Tesla just sucks at that. The auto lights were fixed.

Trip Cards, Auto Turn SIgnals, Track mode were not for the S/X...MYQ, Apple Music, Dog mode, MYQ are for everyone.

The autopilot improvements will come with v11, but it's obviously missed it's 100th window.

I think most would agree with autowipers. Seems Tesla just sucks at that. The auto lights were fixed.

That's not holiday update though, that features that's released gradually throughout the year. A Christmas update is major UI improvements etc.

• Disagree
Reactions: DJ Palmis
That's not holiday update though, that features that's released gradually throughout the year. A Christmas update is major UI improvements etc.
That was the case last year. It's not the norm.

The holiday update historically was just a lot of cool things and requested features, which this delivered. Last year we got UI11, UI 9 and 10 were not Holiday updates.

Would you disagree that this update provided a longer list of new features than a standard update along with some gimmicky things like lightshow, farts, games, etc? Because those are traditionally Tesla Holiday updates and as I said before, they basically delivered 4 of the top 5 most requested things in 1 update....but of course not everyone will be satisfied. Many would be pissed if there was another UI change.

That was the case last year. It's not the norm.

The holiday update historically was just a lot of cool things and requested features, which this delivered. Last year we got UI11, UI 9 and 10 were not Holiday updates.

Would you disagree that this update provided a longer list of new features than a standard update along with some gimmicky things like lightshow, farts, games, etc? Because those are traditionally Tesla Holiday updates and as I said before, they basically delivered 4 of the top 5 most requested things in 1 update....but of course not everyone will be satisfied. Many would be pissed if there was another UI change.
Just to nit-pick, but the V10 UI was a Holiday update as well. But it is easy to argue that neither were 'gifts' really.

Just to nit-pick, but the V10 UI was a Holiday update as well. But it is easy to argue that neither were 'gifts' really.
V10 originally released in September.

edit: September 26, 2019 was the date it began to roll out to users.

The 2019 Holiday release included save sentry on honk, voice commands, Driving Visualization improvements (showed writing on ground), read/respond to text, and 2 new games. I'd say that much less than we got this year, but Voice Commands and text messages are pretty crucial.

V10 originally released in September.

edit: September 26, 2019 was the date it began to roll out to users.

The 2019 Holiday release included save sentry on honk, voice commands, Driving Visualization improvements (showed writing on ground), read/respond to text, and 2 new games. I'd say that much less than we got this year, but Voice Commands and text messages are pretty crucial.
Sorry, I was wrong about when V10 was rolled out. However, the holiday update in 2020 was when the large UI changes were rolled out, at least to Model 3/Y (map size reduced, font size issues, etc). Then Holiday Update 2021 was when the V11 UI was rolled out.

I literally got my almost new 2022 MYP (Nov. 22 build) yesterday and it shows this update is available. Doing this update isn't going to remove the USS function on the car or anything like that is it?? Remember reading a few others say after doing the updates, their proximity sensors no longer worked or displayed when they were parking in their garage, etc. No warning/deeps as they approached objects.

I literally got my almost new 2022 MYP (Nov. 22 build) yesterday and it shows this update is available. Doing this update isn't going to remove the USS function on the car or anything like that is it?? Remember reading a few others say after doing the updates, their proximity sensors no longer worked or displayed when they were parking in their garage, etc. No warning/deeps as they approached objects.
I have the update on a 2021 Model Y. The ultrasonic sensors still work.

Reactions: RedSupraT
November 22 build will come without ultrasonic sensors. They won't be disabled, because you won't have any.

November 22 build will come without ultrasonic sensors. They won't be disabled, because you won't have any.
It's possible they did the USS removal changeover coincide with the 2023 VINs. The wording of the @RedSupraT message suggests that he has parking assist functionality now and is confirming that he won't lose it - indeed he should not lose it with the Holiday update.

My MYLR is from early November 2021, just days before the changeover to 2022 VINs.

It's possible they did the USS removal changeover coincide with the 2023 VINs. The wording of the @RedSupraT message suggests that he has parking assist functionality now and is confirming that he won't lose it - indeed he should not lose it with the Holiday update.

My MYLR is from early November 2021, just days before the changeover to 2022 VINs.
You are right, he may have still gotten them. Hope so. Family member got an October build '23 Model 3 without them.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ

Correct. I do, in fact have them and made sure before I purchased it that it did. :) Just don't want to lose the function with the update. haha

Reactions: DrGriz and JHCCAZ