Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Holistic Video Scene Understanding with ViP-DeepLab

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
Terre Haute, IN USA
High quality camera vision perception system is not possible - ask all the machine learning experts on this forum...

🙄

I don't think anyone is saying that high quality camera vision perception is not possible. I am certainly not saying that. The question is how good can camera vision get? Can it be 99.999999% reliable for all cases? And are there any benefits in having other sensors for redundancy like for cases where camera vision might be less reliable?

EVNow

Sep 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
I don't think anyone is saying that high quality camera vision perception is not possible. I am certainly not saying that. The question is how good can camera vision get? Can it be 99.999999% reliable for all cases? And are there any benefits in having other sensors for redundancy like for cases where camera vision might be less reliable?
They didn't start using Lidar for redundancy.

Reactions: ZeApelido

J1mbo

Aug 20, 2013
UK
Not massively impressed with the 3D view from that example. The "shadow" cast by the two pedestians is excessive and obliterates objects that we know are there from previous frames (i.e. the blue oncoming car).

Bonus point for making one of the pedestrians look like a character out of The Simpsons :)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC