Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holster mounting options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Message likely lost in all the hurt feelings, but I do not recommend placing your weapon in a holster attached to a vehicle. Too easy to forget when you get out of the vehicle, no positive control, and I doubt most of you will ever practice drawing your weapon and firing from a vehicle. When you do practice you see how awkward and potentially dangerous it is to you and passengers. Take a professional course from a reputable company like ITI and they will confirm my opinion. Keep your weapon on your body. Good luck ladies and gentleman.

Apologies if I have offended anyone with my view. Hope it is helpful to a couple of good people. Responsible gun ownership is very important as there are also good people that would like to take away your rights, using the mistakes of others.
I don't agree, have you ever tried to access a weapon from your belt/waist while seated and buckled in? if properly mounted the weapon won't go anywhere. mine sits in the center console and it never moves regardless of rapid acceleration/deceleration.

I cannot not speak for every state but in FLA carrying a weapon open like that, even if you have a CONCEALED carry license, is illegal and will at the minimum will earn you a citation if not a few minutes of kissing pavement if you meet up with the wrong cop. As for the locked container thing that is only applicable if you are traveling in states that do not honor your right to carry.

In Delaware in order to carry openly without a CCDW in your car it must be in plain view such as on the dash or on your passenger seat. And to those that spout the "Don't do that, the police will shoot you!" are not helping things, if they're so quick to shoot someone for legally carrying a legal item then we have other problems and those officers need to be held responsible.

In Delaware in order to carry openly without a CCDW in your car it must be in plain view such as on the dash or on your passenger seat. And to those that spout the "Don't do that, the police will shoot you!" are not helping things, if they're so quick to shoot someone for legally carrying a legal item then we have other problems and those officers need to be held responsible.
that may be the law up there in DE. but it certainly sounds foolish to me to be driving with a firearm on a dash, IMHO it is unsafe on many different levels.

As promised, I bought the Aztec Tactical unit and I think it works well. As you can see, I decided to use the inside of the console. It's smoother plastic in there and the velcro adheres better. Here are some pix:

IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG
IMG_1375.JPG

Did you look at the pictures I posted? The inside of the forward part of the floor console below the shelf is flat plastic and it sticks there perfectly UNLESS you have a full center console installed.
Oh! Yes, I do have a center console. That must be why I could not figure out your photos. LOL!

I shall keep experimenting, but it's not a big problem. I wear a Crossbreed in-waistband at 3 o'clock, which is actually quite comfortable in our next-gen seats.

Reactions: Jashev
Has anybody tried the new aliengear ShapeShift holster? Looks like a worthy candidate.

Not sure I like the "tool-less holster clips" not sure how durable that would be. I do like the 30 day test drive and "forever" warranty.

Also my wife curtailed my budget for both guns and Teslas's and any accessories! She says I spend too much time playing with my toys and not paying attention to her. Plus I have to get my CC updated, it just expired....

I do like the "shapeshifter" sales pitch, but like the dude says, do I need another holster? No not really - already have WAY too many..

Last edited: