Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holster that works with J1772 adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a holster that works with the Tesla J1772 adapter? I have a J1772 EVSE at work. Some days I will drive my Volt and will need the J1772 so switching to a wall connector is not a good option. I am looking to avoid having to get the adapter out of the car every day. I want to be able to leave a Tesla adapter on the J1772 connector and holster it that way. My though was to leave the adapter in the holster when charging the Volt. I bought a bought a BMZX Tesla connector holster but it does not work with the adapter. Recommendations?

Thanks. I saw that one. I was hoping there was one that could be bought rather than have to find a 3-D printer to produce it for me. That one won't attache to my pedistal (bolt spacing is too wide) and it leave the connector un-protected from the weather. If I find nothing else I will have to design my own and have it printed. I may very well start with this design and tweak it.

Thanks. I saw that one. I was hoping there was one that could be bought rather than have to find a 3-D printer to produce it for me. That one won't attache to my pedistal (bolt spacing is too wide) and it leave the connector un-protected from the weather. If I find nothing else I will have to design my own and have it printed. I may very well start with this design and tweak it.

I’m not sure what the difference is between the adapter mount and a Tesla Connector mount, but I’m using this holster for my HPWC Connector and it’s just about perfect.

Tesla Model S Enclosed Charger Holder by betamax

Might be a good starting point if you have to tweak it to fit the adapter somehow ... maybe notch out the bottom it looks like?

If you've already got a J1772 holster, my adapter may be the simplest way to do what you want:

J1772 to Tesla holster adapter by rodsmith

As @fr100 notes, you can pay a service to print a 3D model, so you don't need a 3D printer, although having one can be convenient. That said, I've never used a 3D printing service, so I can't suggest a specific one or comment on quality, price, etc.
thanks but I do not have a J1772 holster

I’m not sure what the difference is between the adapter mount and a Tesla Connector mount, but I’m using this holster for my HPWC Connector and it’s just about perfect.

Tesla Model S Enclosed Charger Holder by betamax

Might be a good starting point if you have to tweak it to fit the adapter somehow ... maybe notch out the bottom it looks like?
I cannot get anything from Thingverse to open in SolidWorks. STL options do not come up when these files are selected in file/open, file type .stl.