Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holy cow. I thought I’d hate this Chinese EV. I was wrong.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, what a good reviewer. He did that all off the cuff with like zero wasted time. Didn’t even know much about the car before going on camera.

Yeah, and he is an enthusiast driver too. Likes to drift a bit, play without the traction control. Also knows a bit about ride and handling balance.

And he is a total EV nerd. I learn new things from him time to time.

I like the dude.

Yeah, I think he is prescient.

The future holds cheap, electric vehicles from China, S Korea and who knows where else.

There will be luxury EVs from the Germans, but what about Tesla? Where does it fit on that spectrum?
Tesla Manufacturing numbers will continue to grow [read: volumes trend up and therefore costs trend downward].
Tesla will have flexibility to increase profits or lower pricing to buyers.
Constant improvements will increase the "value" the buyer will see.
Fitting Tesla products into "spectrum of legacy auto categories" doesn't really make sense, does it ?

Reactions: cusetownusa
Looking at Tesla build quality, bad service, cheap interiors, FSD that’s forever beta and doesn’t work well, I think they fit right into ‘I am asking for more competition‘ mold very well.

Moreover, the more Elon gets distracted with nonsense like Twitter and right wing BS, the less growth in Teslas volume. Not immediately. A few years from now.

Very interesting video

I bought my Tesla because I wanted an EV and that was the best/most advanced ... AND tbh I really like it

Having said that, I'm not a fanboy and I can see that the Chinese ARE going to do what the Japanese did forty years ago and I have absolutely NO sympathy for the legacy automakers who did everything in their power to stop the advance to an electric powertrain and now pretend that they were really for it all along - however I DO have sympathy for the workers at these companies who will end up losing out once the industry reinvents itself, the legacies fold and the top management all get their huge golden parachutes

...and that's just the beginning. We have an opportunity to take the lead in so many new industries that will be huge in the future and it's like we're more interested in looking backwards, trying to hang on to the past. Buggy whips anyone?

oh and the Arcfox badge is waaaay better than that stupid Tesla T

Tesla Manufacturing numbers will continue to grow [read: volumes trend up and therefore costs trend downward].
Tesla will have flexibility to increase profits or lower pricing to buyers.
Constant improvements will increase the "value" the buyer will see.
Fitting Tesla products into "spectrum of legacy auto categories" doesn't really make sense, does it ?
bring arc fox to usa for under 50k and it will smoke telsa numbers

Very interesting video

I bought my Tesla because I wanted an EV and that was the best/most advanced ... AND tbh I really like it

Having said that, I'm not a fanboy and I can see that the Chinese ARE going to do what the Japanese did forty years ago and I have absolutely NO sympathy for the legacy automakers who did everything in their power to stop the advance to an electric powertrain and now pretend that they were really for it all along - however I DO have sympathy for the workers at these companies who will end up losing out once the industry reinvents itself, the legacies fold and the top management all get their huge golden parachutes

...and that's just the beginning. We have an opportunity to take the lead in so many new industries that will be huge in the future and it's like we're more interested in looking backwards, trying to hang on to the past. Buggy whips anyone?

oh and the Arcfox badge is waaaay better than that stupid Tesla T
UAW has about 20 execs. in prison for fraud & theft. Better consider learning about electricity if you are a UAW member == internet is a wonderful tool.

Reactions: Silicon Desert