Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holy crap! The Tesla Death Watch has ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More signs of the Carpocalypse.... TTAC ends Tesla Death Watch:

Tesla Death Watch 41: Tesla Death Watch Ended | The Truth About Cars

TTAC’s Best and Brightest have spoken. TTAC has listened. You’ve asked for less negativity and more car passsion non-death stuff (to use the technical term). So I’m cancelling the Tesla Death Watch. The Silicon Valley company has delivered its 100th Roadster– or so they say– and, well, how great is that? I still believe Tesla doesn’t have a hope in Hell of staying in business. But it will take a while for that to play out. We’ll continue to cover Tesla as and when the situation merits. But TTAC won’t be hovering over the company vulture-like, waiting for the latest insult or injury. I made my point: they’re a company fuelled by tree-hugging hype rather than solid engineering or accountability. So that’s it. Tesla Death Watch done. Thanks for listening. More changes to follow.

Nearly a decade ago, yet The Truth About Cars' stalwart Ed Niedermeyer -- that gentle soul -- continues to carry the torch to this very day ....

"TTAC’s Best and Brightest have spoken. TTAC has listened. You’ve asked for less negativity and more car passion non-death stuff (to use the technical term). So I’m cancelling the Tesla Death Watch. The Silicon Valley company has delivered its 100th Roadster– or so they say– and, well, how great is that? I still believe Tesla doesn’t have a hope in Hell of staying in business. But it will take a while for that to play out. We’ll continue to cover Tesla as and when the situation merits. But TTAC won’t be hovering over Elon Musk’s minions vulture-like, waiting for the latest insult or injury. I made my point: they’re a company fuelled by tree-hugging hype rather than solid engineering or accountability. Tesla Death Watch out."