Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holy moly! NonP AWD is fast!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take it you're not a fan of 4 cylinder Cameros either? :-D
LOL. I seem to remember they actually made those. Probably the best ICE car I've ever owned for the money was a 1999 Prelude. Awesome handling/cornering, good acceleration, excellent reliability, and good gas mileage to boot. Yes, there were better sports car around, but the price point was unbeatable for the Prelude. I was really disappointed when they discontinued them.

Reactions: Ludatik
Picked up my AWD NonP this weekend and put it through its paces and man oh man, it’s much quicker than I thought. Feels MUCH faster than the RWD and to my butt dyno, feels about the same as the Performance I test drove a month or two ago!

For a while after pickup I was paranoid that they accidentally “uncorked” my AWD to perform like the P. If that’s the case, I hope they don’t “fix” it.

I’m one happy AWD NonP camper :) Best $4K I’ve ever spent!

We recently upgraded from a Model 3 Long Range to a Model 3 Dual Motor/AWD and I am really impressed with how much faster the AWD model 3 feels. The Model 3 Long Range is definitely not a slow car, but I find the AWD substantially faster from 0-30 mph and noticeably faster above 60 mph. The difference is even more impressive when turning and accelerating.

My daily driver is a classic Model S 85 and the Model 3 Long Range feels similar until you get above about 60 mph and then the Model S feels faster. The Model 3 AWD feels faster than my Model S at all speeds and it feels dramatically faster from 0 - 30 mph. I recently got a 2018 Model S 75D loaner car and that also felt really fast- pretty similar to the Model 3 AWD. But the Model 3 AWD seemed easier to control than the Model S 75D when flooring it. The Model 3 AWD seems to want to go exactly where you point it while the Model S takes a bit more convincing.