Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home address

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Add a missing place" near the bottom, just above "Send Feedback":

upload_2018-6-27_15-52-47.png

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus and .jg.
Whilst waiting for Google to add your address into Maps, you can just use the position expressed as latitude and longitude, obtained in the pop up that you get by clicking on an empty spot in Google Maps....
Maps PopUp.jpg

You can save a lat/lon position in the Tesla map and rename it, just like a street address. I sometimes do this where a street address exists in Google Maps but when using a lat/lon position allows me to select a specific street entrance.

After seeing this post I was inspired to update my home address in Google maps. I live on 10 acres and the address Google uses is the center of the property. This means that the navigated to address is usually in the wrong spot as it becomes the center of the roadway instead of at our driveway. Often people come to our house and don't notice the address sign or driveway because they have been instructed to turn and look for the address a few hundred feet away. The Tesla also never finishes it's routing to our house because we turn off the road too early.

So I used the above mentioned technique to update my address by dragging the pushpin to the driveway along the street and followed that up with a feedback to suggest an edit. Within an hour Google came back with approval of the edit. I then went out to the Tesla and did a navigation request to my home address and it focused on the new location. Sweet! :)