Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home built EV + 5 Teslas featured in Bridgeport's 157th 4th of July parade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Togg

Mar 24, 2019
CA
Just wanted to share...

Our little town of Bridgeport, CA, population 600, explodes with people on the 4th each year with countless thousands of fun loving parade goers. So we gave them our best show.

Our float was led by our friend's home made EV which towed our float, (made from an old riding lawn mower, some high voltage batteries, and a speed controller). Signs on side warn, "Danger High Voltage".
View media item 120013
Our group name:
View media item 120021
Our main sign. Note to self, next year move the candy throwers from in front of the sign.
View media item 120014
Here it is again:

View media item 120020
By a stroke of luck, and a sharp young woman to suggest it, we got red, white, and blue cars to lead. Her white car is 7 days old! And she drove it over the Sierra's to get here, not having any idea she would get invited to join in.

View media item 120015
View media item 120016
"That was a Tesla" sticker

View media item 120017

Tail sign:

View media item 120018
View media item 120019
We all had a blast!

You have to take into account there are several versions of Model 3 all with different battery ranges, motors and acceleration times as a result. I would go by Tesla's official page and what is published for that particular version. Since I have a AWD LR model that you listed on your sign, I immediately knew the timing was way off for that version as I go much faster from stop lights/signs than that :). LOL we all mess up but with all the views here I'm surprised no one else here mentioned it before me.

Glad you guys had a nice day. How many people attended and did you guys have people coming up to your Teslas asking questions?

How many people attended and did you guys have people coming up to your Teslas asking questions?

I think there are about 5000 people who come to this parade. The whole area just gets packed with campers everywhere.

We had planned to show the cars later, but unfortunately I was under the weather from a cold and so we just had to let that go.

But we got lots of cheers, and we gave out little racing flags to the kids who just loved the cars. And BTW, the local highway patrol officers as we passed their office, gave us the stink eye. lol

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte and SMAlset