Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home-charge tariffs (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"A young girl called Charlotte (see links below) leaves notes on the windscreens of electric vehicles thanking their owners for driving an EV and helping children to breathe easier and avoid life threatening illnesses"

Charlotte makes an appearance on Fully Charged Regen this week from FC live, link below starts at Charlotte's appearance. Robert gets somewhat emotional!

Recommend re-winding and also listening to Tim, started reading his book 'Clearing the Air' yesterday.

Reactions: Roy W.
Still juggling with this. I’m attracted by the EDF deal, with the extended low rate/KWh periods, including all weekend. But whilst their off peak is 6p cheaper than our current (ho ho) supplier, the general rate is 3p higher. We do virtually all our EV charging at home, but the complicating factor is that we have a pool which is heated from April to October using an ASHP...which is significantly more efficient when used during the daytime (warmer air!). The pool also has a 0.75Kw circulating pump - so say 6-8 hours per day of heating and circulating for six months of the year will cost more, with a significant offset over the weekends. There may also be warm nights when the reduced efficiency of the ASHP would be more than offset by the reduced overnight tariff... I think it will still make sense to switch, but my head hurts a little! First world problems!