Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charger - Government grant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just ordered my first EV, a MY. I’ve found out that the Tesla home charger is not included in the £350 Government grant. Should I get the TESLA charger or another make and then maybe get the Grant?
Thank you
Any type 2 charge point will suit the car. Google will find all the info about the government grant and requirements. There’s nothing special about the Tesla charge point except for the fact that it has a button to open the car charge flap and to release the cable after charging. Unfortunately not only is it quite expensive but it also requires a slightly more expensive installation due to certain safety features which are not built in.

Thank you, i’ve been quoted £600 for the TESLA install, plus the charger itself.
my advice would be to get the OLEV installers list:

find a small local installer and negotiate the best deal you can for a chargepoint that suits you ( they are all functionally very similar)
personally I would not bother with the Tesla ( unless you really really want the buttons which are cool to be fair) and I would definitely not go to a chargepoint manufacture which will probably be an overpriced install with a huge markup from the lowest bidding random contractor in your area.

my advice would be to get the OLEV installers list:

find a small local installer and negotiate the best deal you can for a chargepoint that suits you ( they are all functionally very similar)
personally I would not bother with the Tesla ( unless you really really want the buttons which are cool to be fair) and I would definitely not go to a chargepoint manufacture which will probably be an overpriced install with a huge markup from the lowest bidding random contractor in your area.
Thanks for the advice. I have 3 or 4 months to get it sorted.