Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Charger Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gen 3 wall connector has inbuilt RCD

from the Tesla installation manual:
'Wall Connector features built-in RCD Type A + DC 6mA. The benefit of this protection is that RCD Type B are not required when installing Gen 3 Wall Connectors, consult local regulations on the type of breaker required.'

Reactions: Audietron
Gen 3 wall connector has inbuilt RCD

from the Tesla installation manual:
'Wall Connector features built-in RCD Type A + DC 6mA. The benefit of this protection is that RCD Type B are not required when installing Gen 3 Wall Connectors, consult local regulations on the type of breaker required.'

I can confirm that... as when they installed Gen 3 charger at my place, no additional RCD were necessary.

Wondering if I just use the supplied 15A connector with UMC and get an electrician to install a 15A socket, do I still need the type B Rccd? Me reading the worksafe recommendation saying something like under 20A is ok?
When I was having my installation done I was told by the installer that the UMC has an internal RCD for DC drain much the same as the HPWC 3 hence the expense for a replacement. I run my HWPC 2 at 25 amps just to lessen the load on my single phase household as we run pretty close to capacity.

Reactions: wellblade