Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charger installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used Pod Point and was very happy with the process. They have a very automated system but with people in the background to escalate to if needed. They handled the OLEV rebate as well. Great communication about the install date and the engineer was timely with a call beforehand to narrow down his arrival and was clean and tidy as well as respectful of social distancing.

Happy to adjust the install slightly to what had been planned and could deal with a more complex electrical install, he had to install extra power taps for the breaker as the existing taps were all used up.

Good explanation of the workings and how to hook up the app etc.

Would recommend.
I purchased a tethered unit online on thursday night. They wouldn't accept my tesla finance agreement or any other document that i have for OLEV evidence. They've then asked me to get tesla to detail particulars on headed paper They've definitely not got time for that at the end of the quarter. Did you have the same issue? V5C will sort it but still got wait extra time for these.

Not had any contact on install dates apart from a response to my "enquiry". Ive done all the steps at the start, signed all the documents but heard nothing. How long was your purchase to install? Not sure if im being unreasonable but i would have expected some dates to be discussed atleast. Maybe they're awaiting for the olev issue to be sorted.

I purchased a tethered unit online on thursday night. They wouldn't accept my tesla finance agreement or any other document that i have for OLEV evidence. They've then asked me to get tesla to detail particulars on headed paper They've definitely not got time for that at the end of the quarter. Did you have the same issue? V5C will sort it but still got wait extra time for these.

Not had any contact on install dates apart from a response to my "enquiry". Ive done all the steps at the start, signed all the documents but heard nothing. How long was your purchase to install? Not sure if im being unreasonable but i would have expected some dates to be discussed atleast. Maybe they're awaiting for the olev issue to be sorted.

I used my Leasing agreement (Lex) order confirmation as evidence, I do have my VIN so could have used that but did not need to. It is possible that install has stalled due to the OLEV thing.

Once I submitted all the docs with pre install pics required and signed where needed I got an email about a day later saying they were assessing the install details to see if it was safe with current restrictions. I then got a schedule email 3 working days later confirming an install a week later from that. Whole process started on the 17th Nov, installed on the 30th.

I used my Leasing agreement (Lex) order confirmation as evidence, I do have my VIN so could have used that but did not need to. It is possible that install has stalled due to the OLEV thing.

Once I submitted all the docs with pre install pics required and signed where needed I got an email about a day later saying they were assessing the install details to see if it was safe with current restrictions. I then got a schedule email 3 working days later confirming an install a week later from that. Whole process started on the 17th Nov, installed on the 30th.
Ye i suspect they want to be sure i can secure the grant. Pick up car tomorrow so just going to have to use the mobile charger for now. Should get the log book tomorrow and i can send it off

After a little help regarding the home charger grant that I believe is still available?

Held off applying 12 months ago as we had planned on moving house. We’ve now moved and it’s time to get a home charger sorted.

we’re having the house re-wired ‘mates rates’ can the grant be used to just buy the unit and do the installation ourselves, or do you have to get the unit and installation at the same together to get the grant?