Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charger rebate problem in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quiz time! Fact 1: Ontario requires you to apply for your charger rebate within 3 months of installation. Fact 2: You can apply for your charger rebate only after you have received your ev rebate. Fact 3: it is taking about 6 months to receive your ev rebate. For example: install charger on January 1; you receive you ev on January 1 and apply for your rebate. You must apply for your charger rebate before April 1. You will likely not receive your ev rebate until July. Therefore, you cannot apply for your charge rebate until July, many months too late due to the 3-month rule.
How has anyone handled this?

I received information today that implies that you can apply for your Ontario ev charger rebate as long as you have already applied for your ev vehicle rebate. It seems that you no longer have to wait for you to have received your car rebate before applying for your charger rebate. You still have to submit your charge rebate application within 3 months of installation. I have asked for confirmation of my interpretation.
Also informed that Ontario is adding staff to process rebate applications.

• Informative
Reactions: mrElbe