Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charger service (UK related)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. Proud owner of a MX and M3. Best vehicles I have ever owned or driven. Now had my MX for over 4 years and got a Tesla home charger installed before my Tesla even arrived.

My question is, I read somewhere that you should actually get your home charger serviced once a year, so I contacted the original company that installed it and they informed me it’s £200 just to come out and service plus any additional costs if they find any faults. (Of which they could tell me anything as I am not experienced in the art of the electrician 😊)

Now I am not sure if this is a little high re the price, but anyone out there that has had their home charger serviced yet please? (or friends from other countries with their currency please, but be nice to compare UK prices)

Thanks for any help.

There is nothing to service, someone is just looking for profit.

Side note: I'd be interested in where 'somewhere' is that you read about getting the service.
Thanks for replying. I think it might have been some literature/paperwork that came when they installed it. So yeah it was same company.

So no service is needed then?

If something did go faulty, I don’t think I wanna call this company back up now tbh. Would any electrician be able to help or best to find a company which installs EV chargers please?

Absolutely no service is needed, ever.

The HPWC(at least in US) is warrantied for four years. If it breaks, you call Tesla and they supply a new one(assuming its a charger issue). Unless the baseplate is damaged, swapping the HPWC does not need an electrician's help. Its two screws at the top, two at the bottom, and pull the guts of the charger off the wall. Put the new one on, put those screws back in, and commission it as the install manual says.

Any electrician should be able to install an EV charger.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and Badmonk
Absolutely no service is needed, ever.

The HPWC(at least in US) is warrantied for four years. If it breaks, you call Tesla and they supply a new one(assuming its a charger issue). Unless the baseplate is damaged, swapping the HPWC does not need an electrician's help. Its two screws at the top, two at the bottom, and pull the guts of the charger off the wall. Put the new one on, put those screws back in, and commission it as the install manual says.

Any electrician should be able to install an EV charger.
Ahh makes sense. Thank you so much for your reply and help! Appreciate it.