Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charging being throttled with latest software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated my car (to 2021.36.5.5) and the mobile app (to 4.2.2 on iOS) the other day and noticed the next time I plugged into my wall connector, it was only charging @ 14 amps (4kW). I manually turned it up to 48amps and it charged the rest of the way with no issue. Again today I plugged the car in and it's charging at 14amps again. I again manually turned it up to 48amps and it increased charging speed again. I let it charge for about 5 minutes and unplugged it for about 30 seconds and plugged it back in. Now it only went to 47amps and I had to click it up that one more amp. Does anyone know why this might be happening? I'm running on a 60amp circuit with 6 gauge wire and never had any issues like this until the most recent update.

You haven't mentioned this yet, but are you adjusting the amps through the mobile app on your phone, or using the touch screen in the car? I saw another thread where @SabrToothSqrl has found that this new software version broke that if you try to change it in the app. His current keeps getting dropped from 32 to 31.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
You haven't mentioned this yet, but are you adjusting the amps through the mobile app on your phone, or using the touch screen in the car? I saw another thread where @SabrToothSqrl has found that this new software version broke that if you try to change it in the app. His current keeps getting dropped from 32 to 31.

I was using the mobile app to turn it back up since it's easier than going into the car to do it. If it's turned back down tomorrow again, I'll try turning it back up in the car and report back. Seems like it's probably a software bug.

Reactions: Rocky_H