Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Charging Cuts Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Radlaw

Charles
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2018
San Diego California
While at home, I plug in my home charger it charges for a while, 10-15 minutes, and then stops charging. I start charging and the same happens again. However, if I set the timer to start at midnight, it will charge during the night until it reached whatever level I had designated, usually 90%. Why does it cut of during the day when I don't set paramaters?

Reactions: SlimJim
While at home, I plug in my home charger it charges for a while, 10-15 minutes, and then stops charging. I start charging and the same happens again. However, if I set the timer to start at midnight, it will charge during the night until it reached whatever level I had designated, usually 90%. Why does it cut of during the day when I don't set paramaters?

More information needed. What are you plugging your home charger into (what type of outlet), for starters?

I couldn't charge it home, but I could charge at the supercharger. I had my electrician come and put in a Hubble Outlet and I still couldn't charge at home. I took my model 3 to Tesla for service and everything checked out fine, but the service tech told me to take off all third-party apps, and delete my Tesla app, and start all over and put in a new password. That worked perfect everything is fine now thank you

Try taking off all third-party charging apps, and uninstall your Tesla app, and then reinstall it with the new password hopefully that'll take care of the problem