Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charging doesn't remember 40A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi again - well this is frustrating. why doesn't the car remember my home location and use 40A as i have selected over and over again? i checked it last night and it was doing 30A again.

i didn't have this issue with the old S60, so i'm not sure why the new one is doing this :mad:

Something is causing your car to see a voltage drop. It's not the car's fault. As it's happening over and over again, you should get your wiring checked out. See the threads about 40A charging droping to 30A to read about all the possible reasons.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Something is causing your car to see a voltage drop. It's not the car's fault. As it's happening over and over again, you should get your wiring checked out. See the threads about 40A charging droping to 30A to read about all the possible reasons.
I concur. I have never seen a drop in charging rate at home. So I have to conclude that it has to be something environmental.
Funny how we want machines to be more intelligent. But when they are intelligent, we want them to be consistent and predictable.
Maybe they need to start messaging to tell us why they are lowering the charging rate, so we that can stop freaking out.

I am still hoping for humans to be more predictable. And more intelligent, or intelligible. :)

My bet would be that machines will evolve faster than humans, at least in the near future.

Sometimes a transient voltage spike persuades the Tesla to take a precautionary current drop. Perhaps some other high-wattage device in your house is sagging the voltage at power-up -- say, a heat pump or electric dryer.

ok i guess i can have it checked out. the weird thing is at 30A it still said it was charging 26mph, which is exactly what it says it gets at 40A :confused:

so if there is something that's using a lot of power at the same time, it still allows me to manually increase from 30A to 40A on the charging screen ... is that ok? that's what i've been doing the last couple of times, and it doesn't reject me

Yes, you can increase the amps on the charging screen. If it detects a problem, it will cut back again.

BUT - if its a marginal circuit your just pushing your luck. Get it checked out. You said it didn't do it with your 60? Are you using a wall connector or UMC? If UMC, is it the same one as before?

What is the voltage reporting at 10A, 30A, 40A?