Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Charging in an Old Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My house was built in 1820 so it spent it's first century without electricity and then had various generations added later. When I put in my first EVSE in 2016 I had my 1960s panel replaced and my service upgraded to 200A. My old panel was a serious hazard that I should have replaced in the 90s when I did a major renovation but I ignored my electricians advice back then but when his son told me in 2016 he couldn't sleep at night if he had that panel in his house I decided that the EVSE was the excuse I needed to put in a modern panel. That job cost me $2800 for the new panel plus $375 to run a 40A 240 line for a ClipperCreek EVSE. When I got the Tesla I had a Tesla Wall Connector installed so that I wouldn't need to use an adapter. That job cost me $750 to run a 240V 60A line for the TWC, the higher price for the second line was because it wasn't part of a bigger job. I'm in Massachusetts which is a very high cost state.

I think you should put your money where your mouth is and start an Electrical contracting business…you seemingly could really clean up in LA, if you could only suspend that pesky NEC and avoid local Electrical inspection there, that is.

The person you are quoting hasnt been on TMC in several months, and their says nothing about "los angeles" or even the USA. Im aware you have a lot of knowledge to share, and for that I am grateful, however Im asking you to tone it down some, please.

Reactions: Rocky_H
The person you are quoting hasnt been on TMC in several months, and their says nothing about "los angeles" or even the USA. Im aware you have a lot of knowledge to share, and for that I am grateful, however Im asking you to tone it down some, please.
So sorry, but I take back nothing…letting mis statements go unchallenged , lead others also un educated about the electrical field and in general electrical concepts that lay people are picking up from the local Home Depot need dispelling, you’re certainly not doing that.

So sorry, but I take back nothing…letting mis statements go unchallenged , lead others also un educated about the electrical field and in general electrical concepts that lay people are picking up from the local Home Depot need dispelling, you’re certainly not doing that.

Do so with less agression, is what I am requesting... officially.

Reactions: Rocky_H