Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charging issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And now, after a month and a few days, the SyncEV has stopped talking to the car.
The car and the Tesla supplied cable work perfectly with the POD charger at Tesco.
The Granny Charger works perfectly at home.
Connect the SyncEV to the car and the car doesn't "see" the charger.
I am not at all amused.
Email sent to Sync and the installer, Future Charging Solutions.
I'll keep the group informed.

Final thought: Why did I pay almost £500 when I could have simply fitted a Commando Socket for £50.00 plus a suitable RCD Breaker ??
Oh I might do that too! The old sync ev app wasn’t but charged the car every time now with the update it was flaky. It just rebooted mine and Seems to be ok. Might send them an email too if it gets bad again. The new sync ev app is impressive though!

I'm having some problems with my podpoint charging my M3LR, I find that at least once per week I have to reset the breaker that was installed for the podpoint in my electric cupboard. from what I can see there is little demand for power in the house apart from charging - it usually happens around 23:00 (the charge is scheduled for 20:30 and chages fine until then) from what I've deduced is the breaker is 40A, most of the time everything goes fine but very occasionally I think the M3 pulls a little too much power and this trips the 40A breaker, I've seen elsewhere some podpoints have 50A breakers and this could be the remedy I need.

I'm having some problems with my podpoint charging my M3LR, I find that at least once per week I have to reset the breaker that was installed for the podpoint in my electric cupboard. from what I can see there is little demand for power in the house apart from charging - it usually happens around 23:00 (the charge is scheduled for 20:30 and chages fine until then) from what I've deduced is the breaker is 40A, most of the time everything goes fine but very occasionally I think the M3 pulls a little too much power and this trips the 40A breaker, I've seen elsewhere some podpoints have 50A breakers and this could be the remedy I need.
You could always turn down the charge your car will accept and see if that cures your problem?

Reactions: MrBadger

Are you sure it's overcurrent rather than residual current that's tripping? 40amps should be be more than adequate (in fact a 32amp should be ok but 40A are more frequently used). 50amp may even be beyond the rating of the cabling to your charge point depending on what's fitted. If you can't readily spot what's causing the tripping this needs the attention of your installer in my opinion. I've never heard of a situation where the Model 3 "pulls a little too much power".

Reactions: MrBadger