Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charging options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I totally agree, I wouldn't be surprised if they've just been ramping their prices up from the day they became certified with Tesla.

And yes I'm going with Pod Point now. I just rang them this morning and they answered quickly and within minutes the installer rang back to go over the layout of my drive. He brought up street view while on the phone so we could work out cost. It's only £5 for every extra metre.
I can't speak for the actual quality of the product yet but the service for me has so far been excellent!

Oh and just a 10 day lead time so much quicker than the others. I'm picking my car up Saturday (only found out yesterday) so now rushing to get the installer done.

PodPoint was my shortlist too and 10 days lead time is excellent. I went with Andersen in the end - impressed with their responsiveness and we did a video survey for installation last week which confirmed how everything would be done, all good. Only downside is their lead time is more like 10 weeks :eek: Probably OK given Tesla delivery timing as I still don’t believe July is remotely realistic for my order which is between 4500-5000 in terms of order number. If it arrives earlier then I’ll be slow charging at home and supercharging for a few weeks!

Yeah I totally agree, I wouldn't be surprised if they've just been ramping their prices up from the day they became certified with Tesla.

And yes I'm going with Pod Point now. I just rang them this morning and they answered quickly and within minutes the installer rang back to go over the layout of my drive. He brought up street view while on the phone so we could work out cost. It's only £5 for every extra metre.
I can't speak for the actual quality of the product yet but the service for me has so far been excellent!

Oh and just a 10 day lead time so much quicker than the others. I'm picking my car up Saturday (only found out yesterday) so now rushing to get the installer done.
Great News that your picking up your car this week, from what you say I think I will defo go down the Pod Point road

Great News that your picking up your car this week, from what you say I think I will defo go down the Pod Point road

Thanks, yes can't wait, although sorting out everything is giving me a bit of headache but I'm sure it's all going to be worth it.

And from the small experience I've had so far of calling the different charging brands, Pod Point has been the most efficient. But then that could change as haven't had it installed yet.

Just had my new smart meter for the Octopus GO tariff installed today. I mentioned in passing that UK Power Networks required 25mm tails before they would fit a 100A master fuse.

The fitter offered to do the fuse upgrade himself, although he found he didn't have 100A in the end. However it will be done when they return to fit the gas smart meter at a future date.

I think I can manage to press the port myself.

Not sure, but I thought you could only press the port to open (to charge) and not to stop and existing charge and disconnect. For that you need fob (useless for e.g. someone who has it buried in the bottom of handbag and for whom "walk up and get in" passive-entry is a desirable feature :) or get the phone out, start the APP and press "Disconnect"

I'm not saying non-Tesla charger is a just there may be a bit more to it - and quite possibly M3 charger-port operation is different to my expectation

Just to round out a previous topic, I got a quote for an industrial 16A socket installation to tide me over until some building work is done and I can put a proper charge unit in.

Quote came in at £300 to T off an existing 16A garage supply, install the socket and an isolation switch. Awaiting an explanation on why this is so expensive, when it's about £30 of parts from Screwfix. That's from an electrician I've been very happy with before (they ran the 16A line and redid the CU when we moved in) so not sure what is up.

Considering DIY at this point, or a podpoint install anyway and just try and get it right before the building work is done. In Scotland and podpoint will only cost me £60 with the extra grants available!

I think it's part of the Polar Network (look on the Chargepoint Map and the map show chargers that are part of the Polar Network).

I don't think so. Chargepoint provide back-end management service to the Instavolt network (and can be used as an alternative means of payment on that network, if you prefer an account-based scheme rather than just using credit/debit cards).

Chargepoint's map also has pins (without live status) for a random selection of other operator's points, including Polar and Ecotricity, but I think that just means they've slurped a database of locations (possibly the National Chargepoint Registry).

Possibly Chargepoint have some of their own locations in the UK, but I've not identified any. The only locations on their map with live status seem to be Instavolt and Hubsta (the latter I've only just noticed; not yet discovered the relationship between Hubsta and Chargepoint).

All not to be confused with Chargepoint Services Ltd which runs the Geniepoint network and is nothing to do with Chargepoint the USA-based operator!

• Helpful
Reactions: Baldrick and GSP
I just had a EO Mini Pro installed - the pro adds wifi connectivity and you can access your logs/history etc either through the JuiceNet App or the JuiceNet portal - as these things are basically glorified wall sockets with a little more protection, I was looking for something small and compact while also supporting a local company. Here are some pics of the installation etc... and the eventual bill was £545 (VAT incl.)

The EO guys referred me to Mr Charger for the installation, and I can highly recommend them - communication was excellent - they even called me up just prior to our installation appointment to notify me that they were running 15min late...

EOminiPro_installation.jpg

EOminiPro_closeup.jpg

and just one of the screenshots on the JuiceNEt app...
JuiceNet800.PNG

Now all I need is a M3 to fill the space alongside the charger ;-)

I think it's part of the Polar Network (look on the Chargepoint Map and the map show chargers that are part of the Polar Network).
I don't think so. Chargepoint provide back-end management service to the Instavolt network (and can be used as an alternative means of payment on that network, if you prefer an account-based scheme rather than just using credit/debit cards).

Chargepoint's map also has pins (without live status) for a random selection of other operator's points, including Polar and Ecotricity, but I think that just means they've slurped a database of locations (possibly the National Chargepoint Registry).

Possibly Chargepoint have some of their own locations in the UK, but I've not identified any. The only locations on their map with live status seem to be Instavolt and Hubsta (the latter I've only just noticed; not yet discovered the relationship between Hubsta and Chargepoint).

All not to be confused with Chargepoint Services Ltd which runs the Geniepoint network and is nothing to do with Chargepoint the USA-based operator!
It is Polar, Polar Network – BP Chargemaster