Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charging problem [in the UK]

forqueray

Jul 19, 2020
UK
I have a Model 3 SRP and a Polar home charging unit, which is on the Economy 7 circuit. This means charging only starts at 1230 and finishes at 0730; which is fine for me. But every now and then, for no reason I can find, it doesn't charge at all. The storage heaters and the immersion heater are on the same circuit, so I know that it does come on every night. Could anyone suggest a reason why this happens? I wonder if I plug the car in too early and it somehow disengages after several hours waiting for the current to arrive.

JoshFalken

Mar 8, 2021
CLT
Only thing I can think of is possibly if you accidentally set a schedule On the M3 to start charging after it would be complete.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
In the US, there are no other devices allowed on a circuit used for charging a car, by code. I have no idea about codes in the UK on this, but heaters usually use a lot of current as well. I dont know if its allowed to be on the same circuit in the UK, but even if it is, I wouldnt want it to be.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC