TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Home Charging Station with both type 1 and type 2

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by jontracey, Dec 10, 2013.

1. jontracey

jontracey Member

Does anyone know if there is a home charging station that can support both type 1 and type 2, ideally a UK 13 amp socket and a type 2 - similar to the polar points that are around

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

If you mean tethered Type 1 and Type 2 then I've not seen one but you can build it from the ZCW parts.

3. jontracey

jontracey Member

yeah hoping not to have to build it myself, although I studied electronics I am not sure I would trust myself to put it together correctly

4. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Honestly it was really simple. I'll dig out the video.

5. jontracey

jontracey Member

don't get me wrong I am sure its pretty easy however, in my own mind I will always be wondering if I did up a screw tight enough, did I put the waterproof seal in properly etc etc. Hence why I hate DIY. I know that someone else may have done it wrong but I don't worry about it as much as if I did it myself.

Yes I am aware I need professional help :)