Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charging stopped during Texas Cold spell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model X 2020 LR+.. It has always charged fine. Over last week during the Cold spell in Houston Texas, it has not allowed charging at home either from Level 2 charger, 115 V adapter or from 14-50 adapter. I have gone to Super Chargers near me several times and charging there works fine. Do I need to call a Service Center?

I doubt its due to cold. I am in NJ this month and we have had similar weather; single digit wind chills, snow and ice storms. My MX charged on 14-50 adapter every night. Is it possible that your breakers tripped? Can you check another device or tester for your outlet? If not I would try an electrician.

I have a model X 2020 LR+.. It has always charged fine. Over last week during the Cold spell in Houston Texas, it has not allowed charging at home either from Level 2 charger, 115 V adapter or from 14-50 adapter. I have gone to Super Chargers near me several times and charging there works fine. Do I need to call a Service Center?
What error messages are you seeing? What color is the charge port light? Are there and lights flashing on the mobile connector?

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
When I connect the charger cable the port starts blinking blue, then starts blinking green, then it goes to solid red. The console just says charging stopped. The remote app says just charging stopped.

There is nothing wrong with power or power cords. The Tesla adapter is green.

My car did update software this morning but is still doing same thing. 2021.4.6 is the new version 2020.48.35 was prior version.

Keep in mind SuperCharger is DC. Level 2 is AC and there is an AC to DC converter in your car. It may be broken if you have tried multiple sources. SuperCharger bypasses that converter. Yes, make an appointment.