Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am requesting a sub forum be created under the 'General Forum' titled 'Home Charging'.
I've recently installed wiring to a detached garage to power the whole garage and provide greater charging for my Model 3. I'd like to share the knowledge I've gained from my research that may serve helpful to those doing similar single or multi-family home projects. My only hope is that the knowledge would be accessible to forum users by viewing the forum structure rather than having to accurately conduct a search for it. The posts on TMC about home wiring related to charging are scattered around the forum. For example, there exist similar posts regarding both HPWC and NEMA outlet installation and wiring under each separate Tesla vehicle sub forum for 'Vehicle: Battery & Charging'. They could be organized under a 'Home Charging' sub forum to better enable all forum EV owners to discuss their common projects with other forum members and in the end better inform their discussion with an electrician or help to do it themselves. With Tesla vehicles being the majority of EVs with at home charging, this sub forum could also be a place where improvements are made in home charging standards for all.
Nearly all electric vehicle owners charge at home or have an interest in doing so. Making a resource like a sub forum serving these owners would appropriately drive forum traffic to possible answers and add value to the Tesla Motors Club.