TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Home Delivery Experience

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by chronopc, Jun 2, 2018.

1. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I finally received my Model 3 today. Since I live so close to the Fremont factory, Tesla offered to bring the car to me. I was pretty happy about getting that option, however the actual experience was extremely disappointing.

The person who came to drop off the car ordered a Lyft as soon as she arrived. Even before she said a word to me she already called a car to come get her. The Lyft driver had to wait for her as I signed the documents and gave her the check for the car.

Since I felt bad about the Lyft driver waiting I didn't ask any questions. I figured I could just figure everything out on my own.

Did anyone else receive a home delivery? I am curious to see if they are in that much of a rush with everyone.

On a positive note I'm loving the car so far. I'm going to spend the good part of tomorrow going through everything to see if there is any defects. I'm very excited to start my Tesla journey. It took exactly 2 years, 2 days, and 2 months of waiting.

2. snakeopus121

snakeopus121 Banned

#2 snakeopus121, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    What was monetary amount of the transaction you just described, the duration and location of the transaction----- have you discovered any reasons to return the product to the manufacturer and what were the terms you signed your name to?

**Edit** I ask because I was a HVAC field tech in the past and management was very sensitive to complaints from customers about being "pressured" to sign expensive repair bills --- we had classroom training specifically for that -- we were encouraged to discuss billing, warranty, legally binding terms in an "environment traditionally viewed conducive to discussion" and not in a doorway --- what you described is the polar opposite to that class --- and these bills were $200 - $10K

[​IMG]