Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery gal damaged my car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solution?
For every car they deliver in less than perfect condition, the Tesla driver gets that broken car.
What? Don't like color or specifications. TOUGH *sugar*!
Limit one per person / household.
Their car waits in line behind owners at the "qualified" body shop.
On the job learning!
And they pay for the fix and $0 salary for the rest of the year or 6 months, whichever the less.

Solution?
For every car they deliver in less than perfect condition, the Tesla driver gets that broken car.
What? Don't like color or specifications. TOUGH *sugar*!
Limit one per person / household.
Their car waits in line behind owners at the "qualified" body shop.
On the job learning!
And they pay for the fix and $0 salary for the rest of the year or 6 months, whichever the less.
Under your conditions, people would just quit. No one can be forced to work for free.

Honestly from the witness marks I see, it does look like it was damaged on a car carrier, or at least going backwards.
That doesn't excuse her scraping a wheel, but it at least doesn't look like she was both careless AND LYING. Just careless.....
It would be pretty strange to see a speed bump that was high enough or uneven enough to cause scraping like that.
Plus it looks like the grinding starts at the back of the car and goes to the front of the car, so unless she was reversing at speed over the bump it was probably backing down the ramp of the car carrier.

Reactions: webdbbt
Honestly from the witness marks I see, it does look like it was damaged on a car carrier, or at least going backwards.
That doesn't excuse her scraping a wheel, but it at least doesn't look like she was both careless AND LYING. Just careless.....
It would be pretty strange to see a speed bump that was high enough or uneven enough to cause scraping like that.
Plus it looks like the grinding starts at the back of the car and goes to the front of the car, so unless she was reversing at speed over the bump it was probably backing down the ramp of the car carrier.
The car was being driven forward and was run up against something like a berm on a dirt lot that was higher on the left side of the car. The scratches start as scuffs high up and get deeper and more damaging as they move from front to back (higher to lower) on the underside of the bumper so the car was moving forward. I did that to one of my Corvettes at an auto show. It could have also happened coming off a transporter onto an uneven dirt surface. Some drivers will face cars to the rear when loading. Bad thing to do on the upper level, because the exit angle is too steep.

She had one job, drive it two miles from Port of San Francisco to my house. As I waited outside, I saw her pull in fast to park and go over a curb and scrape one of my wheels. Then I saw major front bumper damage underneath. She says 'transportation damage' but it's much worse on the driver (heavier side) which tells me it's driving damage. I suspect she went over a speed bump at ludicrous speeds hitting and scraping the bumper. Everything else about the car was perfect, panels, paint, etc. So much work to get the car here only to have me reject it because of a careless delivery person during the last mile to my house.

Thanks :) Now i won't sleep for the next two weeks. That was exactly my thought, when i saw all those DAs at the show, who looked like they might still have a minor's permit, -- and then one of those would be driving my 80k home delivery thru the I-880 rush hour? Gee, what's the worst that can happen?!.

I'd rather meet one of them at a convenience store plaza across freeway from factory and take it from there than thinking they might be driving it.

as one of my co-workers used to say, "those who own a lot, worry a lot".

Now i am also worrying about being worried a lot. :)

• Funny
Reactions: beachbum77
She had one job, drive it two miles from Port of San Francisco to my house. As I waited outside, I saw her pull in fast to park and go over a curb and scrape one of my wheels. Then I saw major front bumper damage underneath. She says 'transportation damage' but it's much worse on the driver (heavier side) which tells me it's driving damage. I suspect she went over a speed bump at ludicrous speeds hitting and scraping the bumper. Everything else about the car was perfect, panels, paint, etc. So much work to get the car here only to have me reject it because of a careless delivery person during the last mile to my house.
Tesla needs to up its standards with these entry level positions.

My heart hurts every time I see these photos of damaged cars. Glad it was resolved quickly for you.

The real question is, "why does this keep happening?" There are so many threads and posts full of poor experiences with delivery. Are these temporary staff that they've hired that simply do not care? There's "we're really busy and mistakes happen", and then there's "I simply don't care." It seems like we're witnessing a lot of the latter.

If I was Elon and saw all of these photos and experiences, I'd be completely irate and probably on a tear firing people. The brand is on the line, the shorts are having a field day with it, and it cannot be allowed to go on.

With 5000 cars being delivered every week, it feels like this is happening every day because it is. If only 1 in 100 cars get damaged, that is still 50 damaged cars per week and in this era of social media, we hear about every one of them. It makes it seem like their is a huge problem, but really its not

With 5000 cars being delivered every week, it feels like this is happening every day because it is. If only 1 in 100 cars get damaged, that is still 50 damaged cars per week and in this era of social media, we hear about every one of them. It makes it seem like their is a huge problem, but really its not
Well even Elon is involved in solving this problem so obviously it is huge. The press has now picked up on the problem too. Google "Tesla news" and read the latest LA Times article. This is just the latest one on delivery issues.

She had one job, drive it two miles from Port of San Francisco to my house. As I waited outside, I saw her pull in fast to park and go over a curb and scrape one of my wheels. Then I saw major front bumper damage
so for home delivery is it still possible to run ach after visual inspection, or they expect the money a day prior like their email solicits? Given so many issues piling up recently I am not sure I want to pay before I see that the bumpers are still attached.. i know my standards are nowhere where they used to be, but still...or they assume the sheer fact that the car can still move around on its own is a sufficient proof it's in an impeccable condition?

Last edited:
so for home delivery is it still possible to run ach after visual inspection, or they expect the money a day prior like their email solicits? Given so many issues piling up recently I am not sure I want to pay before I see that the bumpers are still attached.. i know my standards are nowhere where they used to be, but still...or they assume the sheer fact that the car can still move around on its own is a sufficient proof it's in an impeccable condition?

Yes. I did delivery today. Did the visual inspection first and then did ACH on my phone.

• Love
Reactions: dlieu
It's a huge problem for the owner getting a damaged car.