Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home delivery on new Model S, far away from Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When ordering my Model S last week, I was told on the order page that I was not able to get delivery to my area, something that contradicts Tesla's own FAQ:

What if I live far away from the nearest Service Center?
If you live more than 360 km from the closest Service Center, your vehicle can be shipped directly to your home or office. Payment in full is required before the car will ship, and a window for delivery will then be provided. We encourage you to consider picking up your vehicle at the Service Center, as it offers you the very best delivery experience, including the ability to schedule a specific day and time for delivery, meet your local service team and receive a full vehicle walkthrough. Our supercharger network enables long distance travel unlike any other electric vehicle – perfect for your trip home!​

Today I got a text from a Tesla employee (with a California phone number) that I would have to pick up the vehicle in Vancouver. I responded immediately quoting the above, but they did not respond.

I'm 400 km away from Vancouver and obviously prefer strongly not to drive over the Coquihalla in the winter.

Have other Canadians in rural areas been able to get home delivery? Any advice?

Thanks Tony. Maybe like the way they seem to be honouring the premium connectivity thing, they will honour the home delivery since it's on their site.... fingers crossed.
No problem. Definitely update here as you progress. Make sure to note that you only ordered the car because of the delivery option stated on the website. Also, be sure to take a screen cap of the website which shows the date/time as well before they go and change it on you.

No problem. Definitely update here as you progress. Make sure to note that you only ordered the car because of the delivery option stated on the website. Also, be sure to take a screen cap of the website which shows the date/time as well before they go and change it on you.

Great idea, thanks! Posted below for posterity, so it can be a matter of public record.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 12.41.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 12.41.19 PM.png
    852.1 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
When I picked My M3 up in September, it was a $20 cab ride to Harbour Air, a $99 flight to Vancouver Harbour and then another $20 cab ride to Great Northern Way. Plus the $72.80 trip back on BC Ferries. It was a great day.

Same - flew in and picked my Model 3 up in Toronto and drove back to Ottawa. The drive was a blast and a great way to get to know the car.

If tires are a concern just make an appointment at Costco or similar? They'll swap them in no time.

I'd suggest just go get it and make a day/road trip of it.