Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home delivery or no?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered a Model S. After entering my address I was told I would have to pick it up at the Service Center in Vancouver BC. But then I read this on the Tesla delivery FAQ (Canada):

What if I live far away from the nearest Service Center?
If you live more than 360 km from the closest Service Center, your vehicle can be shipped directly to your home or office. Payment in full is required before the car will ship, and a window for delivery will then be provided. We encourage you to consider picking up your vehicle at the Service Center, as it offers you the very best delivery experience, including the ability to schedule a specific day and time for delivery, meet your local service team and receive a full vehicle walkthrough. Our supercharger network enables long distance travel unlike any other electric vehicle – perfect for your trip home!​

I live about 450km away from the nearest Tesla center. Why am I not getting the option for home delivery?

It's bananas, I ordered Monday night and it's now Friday morning and I haven't been contacted by a sales advisor. I called them on Wednesday and they gave me a first name and said that person would call back. Still nothing.

You guys on the forum aren't joking when you say customer service/delivery is pretty shocking!

An update; they don't seem to be honouring their statement on the website that they will deliver if you are 350km today. :(

I got a text from a sales advisor saying "delivery isn't an option" and I have to drive 5 hours (in the snow, cuz Canada) to go pick up the car.

I've texted back with a screenshot from the above, but if anyone has any advice here, it'd be much appreciated!

An update; they don't seem to be honouring their statement on the website that they will deliver if you are 350km today. :(

I got a text from a sales advisor saying "delivery isn't an option" and I have to drive 5 hours (in the snow, cuz Canada) to go pick up the car.

I've texted back with a screenshot from the above, but if anyone has any advice here, it'd be much appreciated!
2020 has broken all the rules. If you've asked a couple of times and the answer is no, I'm not sure what else you could do about it.