TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Home Delivery or SC delievery

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by dapao, May 10, 2016.

1. dapao

dapao Member

I living 185 miles(Ann Arbor) to the closest SC. Does anyone know the differences between these two options?

2. Dimitar Atanasov

I have the same issue. My MX is scheduled for a home delivery and DS said that they can do the instruction/walk-through over the phone.
    At this point I am scanning this forum to gauge if new deliveries are problem free. If they are I'll stay with home delivery, otherwise will drive to SC

3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

there is discussion in other threads concerning your questions, the short answer is that when you have the car delivered to you at your home the driver pulls the car off the truck, hands you the keys and says bye-bye. there is no walk through of the cars features like you'd get by taking delivery at a SC.

4. dapao

dapao Member

Thank you
    I think I will take a train to service center since I can use delivery checklist.

5. Vizir

Vizir Member

same boat. got the walkthrough at a service center, now waiting for home delivery. i'll do check list at home and take it to the SC if i feel there's issues.