Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery Timing (Ottawa)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Morning All,

I have a pair of Model 3s on order, and its been confirmed by my DA that they are both on site in Montreal and I've signed/returned all the documents and am now waiting for shipment to Ottawa. I reached out the my DA, who has been awesome and super responsive thus far, but she said that she can't give me a time line on the delivery until it has been coordinated with the third party logistics company, which I understand. Is there anyone in the Ottawa area that got home delivery that can give me sense of the turn around that I can expect from finalizing the purchase agreements and payment to actually receiving the vehicles?

Thanks

9621BA93-CFA2-4575-A0A1-FAD7BE73BD40.jpeg
All I can comment on is this: make sure the drop off address you give them can handle a full size semi truck + trailer. I didn’t, and had to stop traffic on my road to get him turned around. :D

Good Morning All,

I have a pair of Model 3s on order, and its been confirmed by my DA that they are both on site in Montreal and I've signed/returned all the documents and am now waiting for shipment to Ottawa. I reached out the my DA, who has been awesome and super responsive thus far, but she said that she can't give me a time line on the delivery until it has been coordinated with the third party logistics company, which I understand. Is there anyone in the Ottawa area that got home delivery that can give me sense of the turn around that I can expect from finalizing the purchase agreements and payment to actually receiving the vehicles?

Thanks
My recent (mid-April) M3 drop off was to my home in Kanata. I think there was about a 1 1/2 week gap between being in the state you are currently in and the drop off at my home. I got a final confirmation on day/timing about a day before delivery. Was given a rough time and told that the delivery person would call me up before. No call before -- I was literally watching TV when I saw a flatbed trailer with 3 M3s stop by my house. Mine was on the end of the trailer. Drop off was super simple. The truck driver drove the car off the trailer, give me the two card keys, and after I had confirmed that the VIN for the car was correct he left.

Why not head to Montreal to pick them up and drive home? It'd be fun!

That was a consideration, but logistics with 2 small children make the home delivery way more appealing, even if there is a small delay. If the cars hadn't arrived together, I would likely gone to Montreal, but given there are 2 of them that need pick up at one time, it's a bit much considering free home delivery is on the table.

Plus considering I have 2 coming, it should fill up a truck a bit faster...

That was a consideration, but logistics with 2 small children make the home delivery way more appealing, even if there is a small delay. If the cars hadn't arrived together, I would likely gone to Montreal, but given there are 2 of them that need pick up at one time, it's a bit much considering free home delivery is on the table.

Plus considering I have 2 coming, it should fill up a truck a bit faster...
I am just awaiting delivery too .. trying to decide between pick up in Montreal and home delivery.

The only thing I am worried about is if there is anything on the car I need to reject it for, and this doesn’t sound like it is possible for home delivery.

Ours could be on the same truck if I elect!!!

Also did you see on another thread an Ottawa service centre is rumoured to open in around 30 days!!

I am just awaiting delivery too .. trying to decide between pick up in Montreal and home delivery.

The only thing I am worried about is if there is anything on the car I need to reject it for, and this doesn’t sound like it is possible for home delivery.

Ours could be on the same truck if I elect!!!

Also did you see on another thread an Ottawa service centre is rumoured to open in around 30 days!!

No, I didn't see that. I've been trying to track down details on the proposed Nepean SC, but haven't been able to find anything new or note worthy. Any idea of rumoured location?

Well. That was fast. Just got a call from my DA and she asked if it's okay for the cars to be delivered tomorrow afternoon. Needless to say, I don't have a problem with that.

For all the criticism and complaints I've read, this experience has been painless and worlds better than the traditional dealership experience.

Hopefully all is well with the cars tomorrow.

Reactions: martind3
Well. That was fast. Just got a call from my DA and she asked if it's okay for the cars to be delivered tomorrow afternoon. Needless to say, I don't have a problem with that.

For all the criticism and complaints I've read, this experience has been painless and worlds better than the traditional dealership experience.

Great news! Let us know how it goes! I'll be placing my order this weekend and will also be choosing home delivery.

Great news. Enjoy your new cars soon!

How was the delivery?!

That's great.
I had home delivery to Kanata too. I just wanted to mention that once all the papers were signed, the car was delivered within 2 days in my case. The truck was delivering 3 other model 3s that day.

I had an issue with my car (the bottom cover was loose. We were worried to drive the car as it could've hit the road and tear off from the vehicle), but it was fixed within the days by ranger. He fixed some other smaller issues and reviewed the list I provided to Tesla after delivery. The service was excellent.

That's great.
I had home delivery to Kanata too. I just wanted to mention that once all the papers were signed, the car was delivered within 2 days in my case. The truck was delivering 3 other model 3s that day.

I had an issue with my car (the bottom cover was loose. We were worried to drive the car as it could've hit the road and tear off from the vehicle), but it was fixed within the days by ranger. He fixed some other smaller issues and reviewed the list I provided to Tesla after delivery. The
That's great.

I had an issue with my car (the bottom cover was loose. We were worried to drive the car as it could've hit the road and tear off from the vehicle), but it was fixed within the days by ranger. He fixed some other smaller issues and reviewed the list I provided to Tesla after delivery. The service was excellent.
Sounds like great service! What were the other smaller issues?

(I had the call today asking it I would like home delivery to Ottawa or pick up and am trying to decide!)