Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home delivery to qualify for .99% financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from Tesla yesterday letting me know my car would be ready for delivery mid-October. They're giving me the option to have it delivered straight to my house so it can be booked as a delivery (prbly helps Tesla with their qtr #'s) and I can qualify for the .99% financing which ends 9/30.

Anyone else get a call? Anything that I should look out for with a home delivery? I'll definitely use the delivery checklist. Still need to talk to my DS to go through the details.

Excited to get my first Tesla and officially join the club!

I got a call from Tesla yesterday letting me know my car would be ready for delivery mid-October. They're giving me the option to have it delivered straight to my house so it can be booked as a delivery (prbly helps Tesla with their qtr #'s) and I can qualify for the .99% financing which ends 9/30.

Anyone else get a call? Anything that I should look out for with a home delivery? I'll definitely use the delivery checklist. Still need to talk to my DS to go through the details.

Excited to get my first Tesla and officially join the club!

This is Tesla committing fraud as usual. Home delivery can work out quite well but Tesla shifts liability to you with home delivery in this manner since if there is an issue, you've already accepted delivery and titled the car in your name. Its not right but Tesla does it to boost their quarterly numbers and its technically fraud because the car hasn't been delivered and they are misrepresenting that to everyone by conducting business in this manner (despite saying they don't do this!).

Tesla will fix whatever is wrong. So be diligent but I also didn't notice a couple of items and the Highland Park Service Center had no issues correcting those minor delivery related issues that I didn't notice (despite having a checklist and bringing my wife and a flashlight -- you're going to be so excited that you'll miss something). So make sure to spot major issues and make note of minor issues but even if you miss something small, Tesla has been really good to me in terms of service repairs.

This is Tesla committing fraud as usual. Home delivery can work out quite well but Tesla shifts liability to you with home delivery in this manner since if there is an issue, you've already accepted delivery and titled the car in your name. Its not right but Tesla does it to boost their quarterly numbers and its technically fraud because the car hasn't been delivered and they are misrepresenting that to everyone by conducting business in this manner (despite saying they don't do this!).

Tesla will fix whatever is wrong. So be diligent but I also didn't notice a couple of items and the Highland Park Service Center had no issues correcting those minor delivery related issues that I didn't notice (despite having a checklist and bringing my wife and a flashlight -- you're going to be so excited that you'll miss something). So make sure to spot major issues and make note of minor issues but even if you miss something small, Tesla has been really good to me in terms of service repairs.
Make sure you put insurance on it as soon as you "accept" delivery.

Fraud?
They are delivering the car to the customer at home. The car is delivered and accepted and paid for... how is this fraud?
It does help their numbers to deliver more cars by the end of the quarter. These cars are delivered. Not fraud.
If there is a problem with the car (either home delivery or store delivery), don't accept the car.

There was certainly no fraud going on with my home delivery - they drove it to my house and all inspections and paperwork were taken care of after they got there. They didn't want to do this but I insisted and to make the sale they went through with it.

Fraud?
They are delivering the car to the customer at home. The car is delivered and accepted and paid for... how is this fraud?
It does help their numbers to deliver more cars by the end of the quarter. These cars are delivered. Not fraud.
If there is a problem with the car (either home delivery or store delivery), don't accept the car.

Its one of those semantic things about keeping it "on the truck". Kinda like waiting for Fedex to ring the doorbell but then actually just drop the package and run :p

Its a good deal just be hyper vigilant about the car and the delivery process

Probably will save the interest difference with items people end up "not worring about" on a home delivery vs items found in show room.

Half the stuff I asked for them to fix I probably would have left slide if my car was already at my house.

Not sure..

I'd say it's okay, as long as it's delivered by 9/30 at your house. If they say "sign for this...Pay for it by 9/30" but then tell you it won't arrive at your house until October sometime, I'd say no. No way I'd pay for the car without seeing it first.

Am i understanding the dilemma correctly?

I'd say it's okay, as long as it's delivered by 9/30 at your house. If they say "sign for this...Pay for it by 9/30" but then tell you it won't arrive at your house until October sometime, I'd say no. No way I'd pay for the car without seeing it first.

The dilemma is QA/QC issues on new cars. Easier to refuse while standing there pointing out obvious flaws to Tesla staff, than griping at the truck driver about how you don't want the car. In some peoples minds its harder to refuse the car via home delivery, since it "feels" as though its left the "lot" and is now at your house.

To get the 0.99 rate you must apply for the financing, be accepted and, have your "final motor vehicle purchase agreement" to the lender by 30 days after approval date. You do not need to take delivery to get the rate. Once you apply and are accepted, contact your loan officer at alliant and discuss this option with them.

Fraud?

They are not delivered until they are in the possession of the end user. Tesla does this kind of stuff to gin their numbers prior to EoQ and I believe it is to deceive shareholders about delivered cars vs. in transit (Tesla's own definitions state a delivery is a customer taking physical possession). Here the customer is not taking physical possession but Tesla is saying to everyone that's the case.

I do not believe the customer can refuse an already titled car. Maybe I'm wrong about that but it would be a nightmare for Tesla since someone is already an owner of record.

The dilemma is QA/QC issues on new cars. Easier to refuse while standing there pointing out obvious flaws to Tesla staff, than griping at the truck driver about how you don't want the car. In some peoples minds its harder to refuse the car via home delivery, since it "feels" as though its left the "lot" and is now at your house.

Yes that is the dilemma. I need to speak to the DS to understand when payment and acceptance is going to be. It is a lot of $$$ to hand over without seeing it.

That said, it seems like Tesla takes care of issues through the service center fairly well. Is this not the case?

[QUOTE="That said, it seems like Tesla takes care of issues through the service center fairly well. Is this not the case?[/QUOTE]

Yes they take excellent care of you. I bought a car third party, turns out he'd been in a wreck, much worse than I had been led to believe, but Tesla fixed a lot of stuff for free on it. Including the fact that the body repair center didn't even connect one of the airbags. They took care of all that for me, gave me new lug nuts, which had been destroyed by some overzealous monkey at the tire place, and many other good things. Oh yes, and the new Drive Unit that I brought it in for! They do take good care of you, just be polite.

Reactions: tkdkenny
They are not delivered until they are in the possession of the end user. Tesla does this kind of stuff to gin their numbers prior to EoQ and I believe it is to deceive shareholders about delivered cars vs. in transit (Tesla's own definitions state a delivery is a customer taking physical possession). Here the customer is not taking physical possession but Tesla is saying to everyone that's the case.

I do not believe the customer can refuse an already titled car. Maybe I'm wrong about that but it would be a nightmare for Tesla since someone is already an owner of record.
The car is in possession of the buyer and it is paid for. No deception.
You're making stuff up.

Just to close the loop, My MS 75D made it through production shipped in time for me to pick it up at the Service Center.tonight. Everything checked out fine except for a little wind noise from the driver side corner window. Will call on Monday to have them take a look.

Awesome to finally have it!

Reactions: JPUConn
I was offered the same thing earlier in the year. I only agreed if they could supply me a loaner Tesla until the one I ordered arrived and they were able to make it happen.

I also got a call the day I was expecting home delivery from the driver asking me if I could come to the delivery center and pick it up. He said he had a lot of deliveries and that would be faster. I am only 10 minutes away and impatient so I picked it up.

Reactions: T_Chicago
Accept the vehicle at home, inspect it, take a drive, wash slowly by hand while looking closely. Make a list of problems. Call SC with problems. Sounds like a better way than the "dealer delivery" which always seemed to take WAY longer than planned.
BTW, I am an old engineer. I have bought MANY new vehicles. Only one had no defects, my '86 Ford F250. Probably random chance, but Pantera, Peugeot, Chevy, Honda, Toyota, Fiat, BMW, Tesla and other Fords all had at least small problems.