Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home delivery with trade in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i was asked to mail out the original title of my trade in car along with some signed forms before home delivery. Is it normal?

What is the process at home delivery? They just drop Tesla and take my trade in car?

Will they come back to me if they are not happy with the condition of the trade in car?

Did all the paper work with the delivery Tesla employee at my garage. Car was paid for via ACH the day before. First signed the purchase documents, then signed my trade-in car's title and it's two keys, handed them over the delivery guy. He wanted none of my other documents (trade-in ca He showed me how my Model 3 works, off he went. Everything was finished in 15 minutes.

Did all the paper work with the delivery Tesla employee at my garage. Car was paid for via ACH the day before. First signed the purchase documents, then signed my trade-in car's title and it's two keys, handed them over the delivery guy. He wanted none of my other documents (trade-in ca He showed me how my Model 3 works, off he went. Everything was finished in 15 minutes.

Basically same, though in my case I had a check from the credit union to hand over at delivery (total price minus trade-in). We did the paperwork and the guy drove off in the trade-in.

I don't think they care much about the trade-in as long as it runs as promised and there aren't major differences between the photos you submitted and the actual car, since they probably just hand it to a third party to auction it off.

Basically same, though in my case I had a check from the credit union to hand over at delivery (total price minus trade-in). We did the paperwork and the guy drove off in the trade-in.

I don't think they care much about the trade-in as long as it runs as promised and there aren't major differences between the photos you submitted and the actual car, since they probably just hand it to a third party to auction it off.

May I ask where and when was your delivery?

They didn’t ask for photos. I actually sent some photos to the sales person and he said that photos are not necessary.

I am in a state with no store. My guess is that no Tesla employee will come with the 3rd party delivery truck.

May I ask where and when was your delivery?

They didn’t ask for photos. I actually sent some photos to the sales person and he said that photos are not necessary.

I am in a state with no store. My guess is that no Tesla employee will come with the 3rd party delivery truck.

Ah, yeah, I'm in California and this was pretty late last year. Makes sense why they might want you to mail them paperwork instead. In my case there's a service center near me so a Tesla employee drove the car to me.

I did this as well but in Portugal. Might be very different to your case in the US.

The tradein was dealt with fully online. I filled in a web inquiry, put in all the data, uploaded a copy of the title and that was it. A day later the €€€ proposal came in and I accepted it, out of lazyness of selling the car myself and probably get 2 or 3k more. Once the delivery day was set, I paid the balance by bank transfer to their account the day before (balance = Model 3 price - tradein - reservation - order).

Next day, the salesgirl drove in the Tesla, handed over the paper work and keycards, took in the 2 keys, the title, insurance and signed bill of sale and drove off with the tradein. That's that,