Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had their car delivered to their home?

I felt more comfortable collecting it from the service centre as I could point out any potential issues and they could be resolved on site.

Surely it’s just a delivery driver dropping it off and they won’t be able to show me how to set it up and answer and questions I have?

Thanks

I felt more comfortable collecting it from the service centre as I could point out any potential issues and they could be resolved on site.

Surely it’s just a delivery driver dropping it off and they won’t be able to show me how to set it up and answer and questions I have?

Thanks

My S was delivered 2 yrs ago - just dropped off and left to sort myself out.

Mine was driven to my home on lockdown day. I was glad it was and I still wouldn’t want to collect. It’s a 200 mile round trip.
The car was fine, I’d read the manual and test driven one.
I’d do the same again for sure.

I was told mine was being delivered by the lease company but I did have to collect it in the end. I would've preferred collecting it for the same reasons as you, OP. However, I don't think it actually makes any difference - I had a few scratches and the minor ones were polished out there and then, they also used some detailer on some residue on the interior but for the deeper scratches they told me to take photos and make a service appointment via the app.

Due to lockdown mine was home delivered on a low loader back in April. Great experience & very convenient.

Very helpful contract driver, Handed me the key cards as soon as he had reversed it onto my drive & hung around as long as I needed to check for any exterior or obvious interior blemishes (none!). Tesla will email you a delivery acceptance document just before which you need to sign & return online - this triggers them sending the details over to the DVLA to register & also for enabling your phone app (recommend you download it beforehand).

I also suggest you obtain a copy of the delivery checklist & go through the car thoroughly (I posted one on this thread #7036 Model 3 Orders and Deliveries) You have 7 days/100 miles after handover to report any issues via the app.

(If you collect, take the checklist, drivers license & new insurance details).

Given the choice I would've rather gone to the SC for much the same reasons as you. Because I got my car delivered during lockdown, that wasn't possible. It ended up being delivered under covered transport by some random third party that Tesla had contracted (quarter end so they were desperate for me to take possession). He was brilliant, but knew nothing about the car, and it had the wrong numberplates on.

Apart from that it was ok. I did have to go back to the SC for a few teething issues but unless you're picking up from West Drayton I would imagine you would have to book in at a later date for remedial work anyway.

Reactions: Acko1985

Thanks

mine was delivered to my door. Watched the videos before hand so knew what to do.

took literally 5 mins to off load. Found 2 errors logged them and it went to the service centre a few weeks later to repair.

Was literally the easiest car delivery I’ve ever had.

Reactions: Acko1985