Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Energy Gateway. Standby

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
System installed last Friday. 2 Powerwalls fully charged by Saturday. They recharge to 100% everyday and run the house all night. This morning they were at 61% before solar kicked in. When solar started, power flow shared between home and Powerwall. Normally it would take 4-6 hrs to get back to 100%. Now, an hour later, Solar putting out 4KW, 1KW going to home and 3 kw going to Grid. nothing going to Powerwalls. When I go to the Home Energy Gateway it says Powerwalls at 0% and Gateway listed as Standby.
Any clue as to what is happening?

I did get a followup call from my Tesla Installer this morning saying engineering saw that 2 circuits that were not backed up would need to be moved to a separate non backed up panel and that a tech would be out tomorrow.

I didn't need to wait for PTO installer said that since I already had Solar panels and was only adding 2 Powerwalls, they turned the system on when they finished the install. They came out today and shut system down and moved two non backed up circuits to a new non backed up panel that the added. County inspection is scheduled for Friday.

With regard to the Standby issue in the original post, it cleared itself after about an hour.

Reactions: mnsweeps