Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home EV Charger install Vancouver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in Vancouver and Just installed HPWC Gen 3.

It’s a single house with 125 amp panel. Installed 40 amp(32 amp useable). $30 more for 50 amp(40 amp useable) but i have SR+ which only takes up to 32 amp.
The panel is at the garage and around 10 feet connection.

HPWC :$630 + Tax
Installation:$450 + $150 (permit)

BC Hydro rebate (just applied) : $615
If they include the tax, it would be $667

total cost(including HPWC) : $668 or $720 (if BC Hydro does rebate the tax portion)
May I ask how could you get bc rebate to $667? I saw that for home owner can only get up to $350

I contacted the electrician recommended by 5abi but the guy never bothered to return my voice mails. Ended up finding a licensed electrician on craigslist that does a lot of EV chargers and 240v outlet installs. Very reasonable rate as some electricians I got quotes from charge an arm and a leg ($1300+) and more for permit application which is required by my strata. Some even said my 5 year old townhome is underpowered and needs some EV power management unit for $2200+ 🙄 If anyone needs a contact please pm me. In the end I paid $300 (materials/installation)+ $250 (permit application) +GST. It took him about 2 hours from start to finish and he even installed a little cable holder I bought from aliexpress on the wall and hung the cord around it for me to tidying everything up.
Can I get their contact info as well please?