Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home EV Charger question?

Jason71

May 8, 2019
Shropshire
For various reasons it might make sense for me to have a charger mounted inside my garage but run the cable out of the garage (via a small gap that exists) and keep it coiled up outside.
BUT
This only makes sense if I can take the cable run it to the car and start the charging without having to open up the garage and do anything with the actual charger like press a start button.
So my question is to all you guys with your various Zappi, Rolec, EO chargers etc is would that work? or do you have to physically interact with the charger in any way to start it charging after you plug it in to the car?

any insights appreciated.

NorfolkMustard

Apr 18, 2019
M3P w/FSD
Most are just plug in and go I think - the Tesla Wall Connector certainly is. Then control the charge (stop/start) and target % in the app or via some fancy online service like TeslaFi to schedule it in cheap-electricity times.

• Informative
Reactions: Jason71

interbear

May 27, 2019
Monmouthshire, UK
Andersen charger is plug in and go. Alternatively you can schedule a charge start time via the car or Tesla app, or a start/stop time via the Andersen app. In all scenarios there is no need to press anything on the charger unit itself.

Which I think is pretty standard for most chargers so I don’t think you’ll have a problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Jason71

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC