Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home EV Charger with Reminder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is there a home charger like ChargePoint or something that has the feature to check if it is plug into your vehicle after specific time?

I seem forget to plug-in ever so often using UMC now. Wish Tesla app could add that feature. If you can set schedule charge based on location, they should offer to check at the schedule time if you are plugged in or not and alert you

is there a home charger like ChargePoint or something that has the feature to check if it is plug into your vehicle after specific time?

I seem forget to plug-in ever so often using UMC now. Wish Tesla app could add that feature. If you can set schedule charge based on location, they should offer to check at the schedule time if you are plugged in or not and alert you

Not on the Tesla, but if you buy a smart EVSE, some of them do that, have to use J1772 and adapter though. Additionally. The Leaf did exactly as you requested on the SV or SL model.

Last edited:
TeslaFi does this at a user specified time each night. Also if over or under charged. :D One of the benefits of the system! (These are all optional, of course!)

My car is being serviced right now and I got the email last night that she wasn’t plugged in.

Yes. I use a JuiceBox from eMotorwerks for my i3 and it reminds me at 10pm each night if the car is not plugged in. It also has some nice remote control, time of use and charge monitoring features.

To use it with the Tesla you'd have to use the J1772 adapter. At a vacation home we rented for the last two years I've been using a 40a J1772 EVSE with the adapter for our MS and it works fine.

Reactions: smilepak
Yes. I use a JuiceBox from eMotorwerks for my i3 and it reminds me at 10pm each night if the car is not plugged in. It also has some nice remote control, time of use and charge monitoring features.

To use it with the Tesla you'd have to use the J1772 adapter. At a vacation home we rented for the last two years I've been using a 40a J1772 EVSE with the adapter for our MS and it works fine.
Thanks

I was thinking of JuiceBox but wasn't sure if the feature. Now, all i need is to wait for coupon or discount promo of theirs.