Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home link eu car vs usa garage door help :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys
i have a Chamberlain WD1000WF i ordered from amazon USA with home link
but i cant get my car to work with it at all i have tried everything , i even bought a home link compatibility bridge still no results
i got the car to recognise the signal from the remote but when i try to program it to the garage .. nothing ! its like the car is not sending a signal at all
is the home link module in the European Teslas different from the one in the USA ( different frequencies )?
or do you think the module the i have is defected ?
car is a 2015 Model S P85D

I'm pretty sure U.S and European garage door frequencies are different, as required by their respective regulations. I don't know if someone makes a module the translates the on to the other or not.

I'm also not sure if such a module would be legal, since it would mean you're continuing to transmit on a frequency not assigned for home use.

ok forgot about this post i have solved this issue by buying a home link module from a US wrecked model s
plug and play worked like a charm

on the left is US spec module and on the right is EU spec

File_000.jpeg

ok forgot about this post i have solved this issue by buying a home link module from a US wrecked model s
plug and play worked like a charm

on the left is US spec module and on the right is EU spec

File_000.jpeg
Would you mind telling me where this module is located on the car.
Is it up behind the mirror, under the dash or somewhere else.
There is no Homelink on Australian Model S and we are trying to find out if the hardware is installed or not.