Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Link no longer works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late 2015 Model S. Sommer Direct Drive garage door opener. Home Link would not work with Sommer rolling code, so I had to buy a separate little RF reciever switch wired into the wall button circuit. Worked fine until this week when suddenly nothing.

I lost the Sommer remote, so don't know how to test whether the failure is Home Link or the RF receiver itself. Tesla service and Sommer support were equally unhelpful.

Anyone know how to trouble-shoot this?
Got a suggestion for an RF momentary-contact switch I can pair with Home Link to use instead? I don't want to spend $100 for a new FR receiver and remote from Sommer if I don't know for sure that is the problem.

I have never managed to pair my homelink module to the car (Liftmaster PR433-4) however inside the box is a learn & a test button - alternatively you can probbaly jump the 2 wires and see if the unit is triggering the door.

If it is the same unit as mine when the remote triggers it a relay clicks inside so again maybe you could listen for some activity when the homelink button is hit ?

Have you tried re-pairing the car to the little RF receiver?

If that doesn't work buy this receiver https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0071EYS9M/ (and a power adapter) and have it learn the signal from your car.
With that receiver, it can learn other remotes so you won't be limited to the Sommer brand.
I tried n re-pair, but no soap.

Thanks for the link, but I refuse to deal with Amazon.