Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home or Showroom Delivery in Winter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The EDD for my new MX is Dec ‘22-Feb ‘23. I am trading in my M3, and I live 5 hours away from the nearest Tesla showroom - from Santa Fe to Colorado Springs. If the car came in at any other time of year, I’d probably enjoy the ride up to Colorado. But in the winter road conditions could be iffy and dangerous over the mountain pass.
So my question is, will I be missing much if I had the car delivered to my home or nearby service center versus picking it up at the showroom and getting the hands-on orientation? I’m totally comfortable with my M3 and don’t anticipate having much of a learning curve with the X, but not having had any experience with an X I’m trying to decide which way to go. If any one out there has had experience with the service center north of Santa Fe, I’d like to hear if the staff there are totally capable of giving me the orientation there. Thanks!

I was a new owner to Tesla and I picked up my X in June this year. Other than the inspection and immediate remedy if anything is found, what use is a showroom? Maybe the SC is a better place to do your inspection anyway? Setting up your phone, fob and card can be done by your local SC. I would have it shipped personally. Maybe if they wont wash it if shipped then take it on a Test Drive to a car wash… give the SC delivery guy $50 if he goes with you if he/she balks.