Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Wall Charger Settings if Breaker is Turned off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey gang!

About 3 months ago I sold an older Model 3 with plans to purchase a newer one. I now have a delivery date of next week. My question is surrounding the configuration of the Home Wall Charger. When I sold the older Tesla I turned the breaker off. Now that I am receiving my new vehicle next week, will I need to reconfigure the settings of the Wall Charger to set the breaker size, amp, etc? Or will it hopefully keep it's settings? Has anyone ran into this before?

Thanks!

Hey gang!

About 3 months ago I sold an older Model 3 with plans to purchase a newer one. I now have a delivery date of next week. My question is surrounding the configuration of the Home Wall Charger. When I sold the older Tesla I turned the breaker off. Now that I am receiving my new vehicle next week, will I need to reconfigure the settings of the Wall Charger to set the breaker size, amp, etc? Or will it hopefully keep it's settings? Has anyone ran into this before?

Thanks!
It should resume where it left off

Reactions: TBrownTX and cmy4x4
Likely will when I get back in town. Out of town for work currently. I admittedly didn't configure it initially. We needed more space in our panel so had an electrician do it when they replaced the panel to add the necessary breakers. So I'm not entirely sure how to. Can't be difficult though.
The Wall Charger should retain the settings form the initial installation, but if needed, the commissioning instructions are very simple and available on theTesla website.