Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homecharger Going on wall - Garo or Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ohhhh. If it was £6k I might bite... still wont pay for itself though.
Hmm... if you took that approach to food, you'd not last too long;)

No it won't pay for itself (yet), but we're going as electric as possible because a) it makes more sense environmentally and b) we can afford to. That's all there is to it for us, but I can fully understand others who want to see it as a way of saving money long term.

BTW, I forgot to ask, if the Powerwall/wall charger doesn't get installed in the next three weeks and three days, and I bring home the M3 to a wall charger-less house, can I just plug it in with a three pin plug for the time being? Our nearest supercharger is about 25 miles away!

Hmm... if you took that approach to food, you'd not last too long;)

No it won't pay for itself (yet), but we're going as electric as possible because a) it makes more sense environmentally and b) we can afford to. That's all there is to it for us, but I can fully understand others who want to see it as a way of saving money long term.

Food is a necessity, Powerwall isn't. If you are grid tied, Powerwall actually makes you less environmentally friendly as its round trip is less energy efficient (10-20% real world loss) than taking energy from grid. Its got to get its power from somewhere and I prefer any excess from my PV to go to benefit others and reduces grid wide marginal generation - typically gas. If I went battery, it would have to justify itself on cost, because I could not justify it on environmental grounds, for grid users, the numbers just do not stack up imho. They only work when grid marginal used to charge is less polluting/fossil than when it is discharging which is not very often.

BTW, I forgot to ask, if the Powerwall/wall charger doesn't get installed in the next three weeks and three days, and I bring home the M3 to a wall charger-less house, can I just plug it in with a three pin plug for the time being? Our nearest supercharger is about 25 miles away!
It will charge quite slowly, seem to remember ~10mph, but can be used