Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink and folding mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently had a Tesla rep out to my house to install the Homelink module in my MY. Everything is working great except…the mirrors.

Although the box in the Homelink setup screen is not checked, every single time Homelink sends a command to open/close the garage door my mirrors fold in.

Any thoughts on how to make it stop?

You should have a "fold mirrors in this location" option every time you stop somewhere on the fold mirrors screen. Although it works well coming home or arriving at the office, I sure wish they would unfold on selecting reverse or drive. I understand in a very tight garage you may want them folded when leaving but in my case I wan to use them to back out and need to select them manually to do so. Adding unfold on drive selection would probably make the majority happy.

Same issue since last update. Mirrors fold in when arriving at home even though the option is not check off to do such a movement. They don't unfold unless I checked it off before backing out. Bug report!
You can set this in the mirror adjustment section and/or the homelink section. If deactivated on the Homelink yet activated on fold at this location they will still fold when arriving home.