Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Australia questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interestingly, one of the brands that does reportedly work natively with Homelink is Merlin/Chamberlain. So, you can set a Merlin door to toggle its open/close state as the car approaches or leaves. However, my understanding is that it doesn't read the current position, so if you drive onto your driveway while the door is open, then the garage door will close automatically.

Even more interestingly, the Merlin brand's own wifi adapter (MyQ) does read the garage door state. Theoretically, you could use the phone's GPS location to automatically trigger garage door opening & closing, and avoid the problem I've mentioned above. So, if you drive into the driveway & the door is already open, MyQ knows this & won't toggle the garage door into a closed position. However, Merlin have made some sort of decision in Australia not to allow MyQ to link with Apple Homekit, so this GPS activation isn't available. All that we can do is use the substandard Homelink system (which I don't have myself).
I thought Tesla MyQ integration isn't available in Australia! So now it supports?

For anyone that currently has a 433Mhz rolling receiver, you can purchase this remote which will then allow you to program the HomeLink transmitter.

There's also a receiver available that can be connected to older garage receivers, which, in combination with the remote, will allow HomeLink to work.

This worked a treat for our older ATA garage opener.
Dumb question but I presume you also need the Tesla module installed in the car too? So you need all three parts (the module in the car, the remote and the receiver) to work for your old ATA garage door?

For anyone that currently has a 433Mhz rolling receiver, you can purchase this remote which will then allow you to program the HomeLink transmitter.

There's also a receiver available that can be connected to older garage receivers, which, in combination with the remote, will allow HomeLink to work.

This worked a treat for our older ATA garage opener.
I used that receiver too and wired it up to a Gliderol GTS garage door opener. I got the receiver from Aliexpress where they're about 15 bucks including delivery.

I was suspicious whether a device this cheap would actually support rolling codes or not and didn't want to make my garage door insecure, but I've confirmed using a radio analyser that the receiver and the Homelink both communicate via rolling codes - AS LONG AS you train it using a remote that also uses rolling codes. Beware as some cheap remotes are actually fixed code. EV1527 is an example of a fixed code chipset. I specifically purchased remotes that were advertised as using the HCS301 chipset which is a rolling code chipset.

About to take delivery of MYLR and thinking of getting the Tesla Automatic Garage Door Opener as I just installed new B&D door with the latest B&D Smart Opener (SDO-7). I think these are just rebadged ATA openers.

Does anyone know or have direct experience with connecting these up to the Tesla? Do they work directly or is one of the adapters referred to earlier needed?

About to take delivery of MYLR and thinking of getting the Tesla Automatic Garage Door Opener as I just installed new B&D door with the latest B&D Smart Opener (SDO-7). I think these are just rebadged ATA openers.

Does anyone know or have direct experience with connecting these up to the Tesla? Do they work directly or is one of the adapters referred to earlier needed?
You will require an adaptor. Only chamberlain manufactured/branded doors work directly with their homelink product

Reactions: elddum

You will need one of these...

Reactions: SPadival and elddum