Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting HomeLink to work is not that big of an issue. If your receiver is incompatible then buy one that is, or buy a conversion kit
As far as all the frequencies go, here's a list of the UK manufacturers and their implementations here

Perhaps it's not as straight forward as pairing with the existing gate/garage receivers but I would still like that option, especially when it's not all that difficult for us tinkerers.

Obviously there are alternatives with Arduinos, ZigBee, even perhaps using the Tesla API to figure out when to open the gate from a server, but it would be far simpler to slap on a HomeLink compatible receiver and wire it to my existing controllers.

I have received a brief reply from Jerome Guilen, simply stating that he has passed my request to the engineering and program management teams, and that he like me is awaiting a response. At least, it has not been rejected out of hand.

Last edited:
I'd like HTML5 engine while driving. That way we can click the garage door remote icon, and problem solved.

I don't think we actually want a web browser unless parked as you point out, but being able to do some other web-based things while driving is highly desirable too.

Oh, during the same phone call, I was told no web browser activation either, due to the nanny state. From the tone of the conversation, from somebody senior in Palo Alto, the hardware for both is in our cars... She mentioned the browser spontaneously- I did not bring it up.

Oh, during the same phone call, I was told no web browser activation either, due to the nanny state. From the tone of the conversation, from somebody senior in Palo Alto, the hardware for both is in our cars... She mentioned the browser spontaneously- I did not bring it up.

That really shits me (the nanny state that is). You can plonk an iPhone or iPad mini on your dash and legally use it (using this from a local supplier ;-) ) , but you can't use a built-in browser when parked! Crikey.

Hmm.. Homelink menu in my P85D (this is in AU)..... doesn't actually work though, as per video, I can go in to register but then nothing happens. Probably because I don't actually have a homelink garage opener to respond to the car.. and even if I can get the remote registered, I'm not sure it'll work.. because this menu only popped up after I did a factory reset on the main screen, but after a lock/unlock car restart cycle, the menu disappeared. Might be a glitch for it to appear in the first place?

I have a US car and was disappointed with the homelink. I live in a gated community and my 2015 Ford Fusion and 2002 Infiniti Q45 were both able to accept the main gate programming. No luck in my $160k Tesla. Oh well, Ludicrous+ mode will get me right through the gate!

I have a US car and was disappointed with the homelink. I live in a gated community and my 2015 Ford Fusion and 2002 Infiniti Q45 were both able to accept the main gate programming. No luck in my $160k Tesla. Oh well, Ludicrous+ mode will get me right through the gate!
I used Homelink in the US for a few weeks last year and found it somewhat unpredictable. Sometimes it failed to open the door and sometimes it failed to shut it.